Vcore and Ram probs

G

Hi i got a athlon x4 620 and a biostar ta790gx a3+ mobo, i know how to oc and have gotten my 620 to 3.25Ghz but its unstable because my bios doesnt allow me to change my voltage higher than 1.260v, if i leave it on auto it goes up to 1.280 (according to hardware monitor and cpu-z and amd overdrive), i also looked to see if there is a new bios version out for me but Tseries Bios Update tells me i got the latest one when it looks online for one (current version is 080014 of american megatrends) so im kinda stuck, is there anything i can do to up voltage and keep it there? cause i got a program that ups the voltage but defaults when the pc restarts, or am i just stuck forever at stock clocks?

One thing is though i can oc it to 3.00Ghz but then my RAM doesnt run at 1333Mhz instead somewhere in 1200, and my HT is in 1900, does the extra fsb make up for the other 2 parts running slower?

Thanks!

festerovic

Distinguished
two things to say-
Look for the BIOS update online, not with the included utility. It may not recognize the latest BIOS. This may solve some problems for you if there is an update.

Also, don't worry about RAM speed if it means it will hold back an otherwise successful overclock.

Straydog

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
K thanks, you where right there was a new Bios to download and i got it, Overclocked the cpu but now having other problems in my other post.