Anybody know the difference in these 2 cards ?

codaciousbodacious

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
EVGA 512-P3-N871-RX GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Newegg has the first for sale (Recertified) for a buck and 30, and although some comments state they've been receiving GTX+, and can SLI mine (2nd card) with either according to various web sites.

I would just like to know the difference between the RX and the AR as I have been unable to locate the answer.

ejay

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2004
Its all about warranty...the RX has a 90 day warranty, versus the lifetime warranty for the AR (provided you register within 30 days). Otherwise, they are the same, specification wise.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
"Yeah and if its recertified, its already gone bad on someone else. Best to buy the warrantied one imo."

not true, i am running two of the RX right now in SLI and they work great. they came in a white box with the adapters and both had that layer of plastic you find on new cards, there was no damage at all and they actually were GTX+. the recertified GTX at newegg is actually GTX+, i have received a GTX+ both times, the card cooler doesnt say so but the clocks were at GTX+ speeds when i installed them. dont be scared if your looking to buy a recertified card, they run like new, yeah they are cards that are sent back evga said they are mostly from the step-up program and not rma. they clean them, replace any bad parts and test them then if they pass they sell as recertified. a GTX/GTX+ at $130 is a great deal.