HexXxagon

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hello

I am about to duplicate a computer which has an xp and is used as a digital audio workstation to another one. There's a large number of plugins installed on it and if I wanna reinstall them on the second pc it will take a long time.

q1. should a partition image of drive c created by norton ghost 11.5 work on the other pc?

q2. if there are conditions then what are they?

q3. and if it won't work, will repairing xp fix it?

any advices are welcomed.

Solution
Maybe....
It might let you boot to a point where you can fix all the driver issues or ...... the computer could be dead in the water .

You could just give it a try but the best practice would be (and i know it sucks) to just setup each computer individually. Then make an image of each one.

HexXxagon

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Thank you for reply but how about drivers? There are different hardwares on these two sysems. Is it possible for xp to boot and then let me install important drivers like main board?

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Maybe....
It might let you boot to a point where you can fix all the driver issues or ...... the computer could be dead in the water .

You could just give it a try but the best practice would be (and i know it sucks) to just setup each computer individually. Then make an image of each one.

Solution