Question about a new HD5770 that I got...

G

Hi.
Yesterday I bought a new hd5770 card, the normal version.
when I opened the box I was surprised to see that it has a different cooler, not like the new edition, but like this : http://ksp.co.il/allimg/lrg9834.jpg

It costs about 8$ more than the one I originally bought.

Just wanted to know how good is this new version? because I cant find any information about it on the internet.
Is it better than the new edition cooler? Because I dont want a cooler like the new edition because from what I understood it makes the temp higher inside the case.

so did I get a better version of the card than the original one that I paid for, or should I change it to the normal version?

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Subvendors can modify the reference design to their liking. The likes of Sapphire, XFX, HIS, ASUS, etc. come up with their own coolers most of the time. The cooling performance is usually the same or even better, depending on how everything else in your case is. Good airflow = good cooling.

I can definitely make out "Sapphire" in the fan. If that's exactly what you got, then sapphire redesigned the 5770. Come to think of it, that's the exact same model I saw in a computer parts shop. No worries there.

G

It looks very similiar to the new HD5830 cooler.

I just wanted to know if it's better than the original one, and the new edition one?
because I prefer the old one over the new edition one because it keeps better cooling inside the case.
So where does the model I got stands? is it better?