Articles & News
Graphics & Displays
Tom's IT Pro
Login | Sign Up
The authority on tech
Memory Voltage on Motherboards
Mar 3, 2009, 2:11 PM
My motherboard died and I need a new one. I know that my RAM is 1.8V is there a way to know by looking at motherboard specs if my RAM will work with it? My system build was:
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor
- Intel DG965WH LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
- Antec Performance One P182 ATX Mid Tower Case
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
- MSI GeForce 8600GTS 256MB (128bit) GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
- HIPER HPU-4K530-MS ATX12V v2.2 530W Power Supply
- A-DATA 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit
I'm not locked in to only using Intel boards, but not sure how to know if the RAM will work with a new board.
Mar 3, 2009
memory voltage motherboards
Mar 3, 2009, 3:22 PM
You need a mobo that supports DDR2 RAM. I would recommend a P45 based board.
Mar 3, 2009, 5:54 PM
Thanks for the advice!
What is your opinion of this motherboard?
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Get the answer
Ask a new question
Memory voltage concern
Intel DG965WH memory voltage mod?
CrossfireX & Intel processors
Motherboard and Memory Voltage Settings and Compatibility
Is RAM VDC the same as voltage?
GA-965P-DQ6 Memory Voltage
Upgrade my build - ASUS P5K SE LGA 775 Intel P35
Memory Issues with GA-P55M-UD2 Motherboard
How to setup dual channel memory?
DDR3 Memory for Intel 17 Motherboards - Dual vs Tri Channel
Unable to post after raising and then lowering memory voltage
Memory Voltage Question
New Build: Mobo and Ram Questions
Keep memory voltage on auto?
3 beeps- H67 mobo and low voltage memory
Gigabyte H61m and i3-2100 voltage
Intel i5 build needs Memory.
New Intel Build Inquiry
Subscribe to our newsletter
icon arrow stem circle
About Tom's Hardware
Licensing and Reprints
Other Shopsavvy sites
© 2018 Purch All Rights Reserved.