davegl1234

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Hi, I recently built a pc and everything is going more or less fine except for a couple of issues, one of which I think must be a power supply problem.

Basically, when the pc is on there is no problems (except for one blue screen, but hopefully that was just a driver issue and sorted now). However, if i power it down for a while (say 30 minutes) i then have a lot of trouble powering it back up.

I think i've found a workaround by just powering down the psu for about 10 seconds and then rebooting, but still I would like to sort this out if possible, and also a little concerned I could be damaging other parts of the pc (is that likely?).

The power supply is a corsair TX 750W, and when I bought it I was told it was a good manufacturer and should be enough to power my pc...could this just be a faulty unit?

I think a blue screen i just received was due to a sound card driver issue (but didn't have time to get down all the message), but is it possible it could be also due to the power supply?

Cheers
Dave

Corsair TX 750W
Asus M3N-HD (nvidia 750a)
Phenom 9950 BE
XFX Geforce 260
4GB Corsair 1066 Dominators
Trust 7600 PCI sound card
190GB SATA Hard drive
IDE DVD RW
3 fans

davegl1234

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Basically the power button doesn't reboot the pc. The fans may stutter and the LED on the fans light up for about 1/2 a second but nothing more. Once I have powered down the psu for 10 seconds or so it then starts fine. I am in the process of updating the bios which i'm hopeful will sort it out.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Could be a bad power switch. Try the jumper method (touch the pins with a screwdriver, and see if it still has this issue). If this has no problems, replace the power switch. I recommend: http://www.frozencpu.com/
They should have everything you need.

davegl1234

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Thanks for in the input, but the bios update actually sorted it out. Apparently this is a known problem with my board if it has 4GB of memory..don't really understand why but updating the bios sorted it.

Cheers anyhow

TRENDING THREADS