Suggestions on a 30" monitor??

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hey guys

I recently built my dad a workstation with 2 9800GTX+s and a 19" for desktop and 2 22"s for viewing
He is a radiologist so at home he is looking at full black and white images.

I am also building one for another partner (yes i have come to some nice upgrade money :bounce: ) but both there computers might change. They are considering getting 30" monitors instead of the 22s. So just 1 19" and a 30" and id sell the 2 9800s for 1 more powerful card (i have buyers i think)

First: Would a 1 Gig 4870 be able to handle both monitors with good performance. I assume so cause its just image viewing but ive never had a 30" before :p

Second: Whats a good monitor out there. All reviews are mixed...but i need one with good contrast specifically (black and white images like contrast) but overall just a good monitor. I was looking at the Samsung 305T but i dont like how theres no contrast adjustment on it, only brightness...Also a nice viewing angle is important but most seem to be 178 degress V/H anyways.

Any input is appreciated
Thx
Silver

G

I can't suggest a specific 30" monitor, cause there are only like 5 versions out :na:

But, a 3450 video card... or a 7600 gt would handle a 30" screen without issue,

More to the point, 9800 GTXs will handle that fine... and a 4870 would handle it fine, i doubt you'd see any image viewing performance by upgrading from a 9800 gtx to a 4870

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I kno but its for longevity (cough cough) plus i have a huge budget. Its business expense.

The builds from Dell originally were 4,500 so a $250 Gpu doesnt look that bad

And yea i kno 5 Dell, Samsung, Gateway, HP, DoubleVision and LG
Crap thats 6 darn :na:

Edit: DURRRR thx RR...i forgot nview can do that. Brain Fart

G

If i had a huge budget, i'd build an AWESOME gaming rig, and then whenever they are on a busniness trip sneak in and play some games :na:

i just game up with 5 off the top of my head, I didn't no double vision had one

I personally would go for the dell, dell makes great high end monitors, can't speak to the quality of the others though as i've never had one

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The Dell UltraSharp monitors are very nice, and get very good reviews. We have a 19" UltraSharp LCD, and it's great; I don't see why the 30" would be any different.