  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2005 6:35:40 PM

Twice now I've encountered a rather frustrating problem...I haven't seen any
mention of it in this group, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has
experienced this.

The problem is that every once in a while, when I get a sim to phone
another, after the conversation is over, that sim disappears from the list
of people the original caller can phone back. The result is that
eventually, the list is empty and the game says my sim doesn't know anybody
he can phone--even though those other sims are still listed in the
relationship section. This makes it rather impossible to maintain
friendships and what not. Exiting/reloading the lot doesn't make any
difference--once the sim's gone from the phone list, he's gone for
good...shutting down/restart the game doesn't make any difference either.

The only workaround that I've found is that once the problem starts
manifesting itself for any given sim, you have to move the whole family out
of the house, and then move back in.

Twice now I've had lots hit by that problem, and both times the solution was
to move everybody out/back in.

I haven't noticed this happening before I had the patch installed.

Thoughts?

More about : phone bug

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:56:56 AM

> Twice now I've encountered a rather frustrating problem...I haven't seen
> any mention of it in this group, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has
> experienced this.
>
> The problem is that every once in a while, when I get a sim to phone
> another, after the conversation is over, that sim disappears from the list
> of people the original caller can phone back.

ARGH!! This happened to me the first time tonight!!!!

> The only workaround that I've found is that once the problem starts
> manifesting itself for any given sim, you have to move the whole family
> out of the house, and then move back in.

Oh No!

> Twice now I've had lots hit by that problem, and both times the solution
> was to move everybody out/back in.
>
> I haven't noticed this happening before I had the patch installed.

Which I installed this morning.... Oh... Bother.

> Thoughts?

I will be watching this thread like a hawk.

I am expecting terrible things to happen to my game anyway, as I have just
tried to delete a child/parent relationship after the parents died, and add
the parent relationship to two new characters brought in in different
houses. My problem being, getting them all together again. I confidently
expect a major crash of some sort as the game won't let me remove the
mummy/daddy attributes from a couple of ghosts.

Look, it's all time warps, right?

Granny, worried about that phone business now. How the heck can daddy meet
mummy again, to say nothing of knowing the mummy is the mummy of the
teenager, who isn;t the child but was and is again, with the teenager not
knowing mummy or daddy if the ghosts are still parents when new daddy starts
going crazy - a bit like I am.

Goodnight.
Granny.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 2:27:47 AM

If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug pre-patch.
The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.

MM

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> > Twice now I've encountered a rather frustrating problem...I haven't seen
> > any mention of it in this group, so I'm curious to see if anyone else
has
> > experienced this.
> >
> > The problem is that every once in a while, when I get a sim to phone
> > another, after the conversation is over, that sim disappears from the
list
> > of people the original caller can phone back.
>

> ARGH!! This happened to me the first time tonight!!!!
>

> > The only workaround that I've found is that once the problem starts
> > manifesting itself for any given sim, you have to move the whole family
> > out of the house, and then move back in.
>
> Oh No!
> >
> > Twice now I've had lots hit by that problem, and both times the solution
> > was to move everybody out/back in.
> >
> > I haven't noticed this happening before I had the patch installed.
>
> Which I installed this morning.... Oh... Bother.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> I will be watching this thread like a hawk.
>
> I am expecting terrible things to happen to my game anyway, as I have just
> tried to delete a child/parent relationship after the parents died, and
add
> the parent relationship to two new characters brought in in different
> houses. My problem being, getting them all together again. I confidently
> expect a major crash of some sort as the game won't let me remove the
> mummy/daddy attributes from a couple of ghosts.
>
> Look, it's all time warps, right?
>
> Granny, worried about that phone business now. How the heck can daddy meet
> mummy again, to say nothing of knowing the mummy is the mummy of the
> teenager, who isn;t the child but was and is again, with the teenager not
> knowing mummy or daddy if the ghosts are still parents when new daddy
starts
> going crazy - a bit like I am.
>
> Goodnight.
> Granny.

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:03:00 AM

"Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
> If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug
> pre-patch.
> The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.
>
> MM

Boo-hoo. Though there is hope for my time-displaced 'don't I know you from
somewhere?' daddy and mummy. Daddy obviously wants mummy as a friend because
he turned up on the doorstep looking hopefull the day her phone broke down.
The foolish guy is about to get a mad fit of passion thrown his way and
invite her to move in. That'll teach him to bother women when all they want
to do is paint pictures all day.

I will tell her to pack her cases and get ready for a new home.
Better change that double bed into two single ones until one of them starts
getting ideas.

Granny - tutting at her Sims. Little plot spoilers, that they are.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 1:38:35 PM

"Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
> If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug
> pre-patch.
> The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.
>
> MM

I have had an interesting side-effect after I edited the parents of my
teenage Sim to include the 2 new characters as new parents (including the
two dead Sims who refused not to be the original mother/father) The teenager
now shows up in the new parent's phone book, and, the female, who lost the
ability to call back the new daddy now has him back again as well as the son
she didn't know she had.

I doubt if this is a fix for the phone bug; more likely due to me making new
relationships.

Granny - intrigued.
!