Phone bug?

Twice now I've encountered a rather frustrating problem...I haven't seen any
mention of it in this group, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has
experienced this.

The problem is that every once in a while, when I get a sim to phone
another, after the conversation is over, that sim disappears from the list
of people the original caller can phone back. The result is that
eventually, the list is empty and the game says my sim doesn't know anybody
he can phone--even though those other sims are still listed in the
relationship section. This makes it rather impossible to maintain
friendships and what not. Exiting/reloading the lot doesn't make any
difference--once the sim's gone from the phone list, he's gone for
good...shutting down/restart the game doesn't make any difference either.

The only workaround that I've found is that once the problem starts
manifesting itself for any given sim, you have to move the whole family out
of the house, and then move back in.

Twice now I've had lots hit by that problem, and both times the solution was
to move everybody out/back in.

I haven't noticed this happening before I had the patch installed.

Thoughts?
4 answers Last reply
More about phone

    > Twice now I've encountered a rather frustrating problem...I haven't seen
    > any mention of it in this group, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has
    > experienced this.
    >
    > The problem is that every once in a while, when I get a sim to phone
    > another, after the conversation is over, that sim disappears from the list
    > of people the original caller can phone back.

    ARGH!! This happened to me the first time tonight!!!!

    > The only workaround that I've found is that once the problem starts
    > manifesting itself for any given sim, you have to move the whole family
    > out of the house, and then move back in.

    Oh No!

    > Twice now I've had lots hit by that problem, and both times the solution
    > was to move everybody out/back in.
    >
    > I haven't noticed this happening before I had the patch installed.

    Which I installed this morning.... Oh... Bother.

    > Thoughts?

    I will be watching this thread like a hawk.

    I am expecting terrible things to happen to my game anyway, as I have just
    tried to delete a child/parent relationship after the parents died, and add
    the parent relationship to two new characters brought in in different
    houses. My problem being, getting them all together again. I confidently
    expect a major crash of some sort as the game won't let me remove the
    mummy/daddy attributes from a couple of ghosts.

    Look, it's all time warps, right?

    Granny, worried about that phone business now. How the heck can daddy meet
    mummy again, to say nothing of knowing the mummy is the mummy of the
    teenager, who isn;t the child but was and is again, with the teenager not
    knowing mummy or daddy if the ghosts are still parents when new daddy starts
    going crazy - a bit like I am.

    Goodnight.
    Granny.

    If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug pre-patch.
    The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.

    MM

    "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
    > If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug
    > pre-patch.
    > The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.
    >
    > MM

    Boo-hoo. Though there is hope for my time-displaced 'don't I know you from
    somewhere?' daddy and mummy. Daddy obviously wants mummy as a friend because
    he turned up on the doorstep looking hopefull the day her phone broke down.
    The foolish guy is about to get a mad fit of passion thrown his way and
    invite her to move in. That'll teach him to bother women when all they want
    to do is paint pictures all day.

    I will tell her to pack her cases and get ready for a new home.
    Better change that double bed into two single ones until one of them starts
    getting ideas.

    Granny - tutting at her Sims. Little plot spoilers, that they are.

    "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
    > If it makes you feel any better I remember a mention of this bug
    > pre-patch.
    > The sad news is that I do not know of any cure.
    >
    > MM

    I have had an interesting side-effect after I edited the parents of my
    teenage Sim to include the 2 new characters as new parents (including the
    two dead Sims who refused not to be the original mother/father) The teenager
    now shows up in the new parent's phone book, and, the female, who lost the
    ability to call back the new daddy now has him back again as well as the son
    she didn't know she had.

    I doubt if this is a fix for the phone bug; more likely due to me making new
    relationships.

    Granny - intrigued.

Phones Games Video Games