I'm trying to change the sound of both the windows logon and logoff to the
same sound...."notify". I'm following the directions to do this exactly as
it is written in the sounds section in control panel.
I select the windows logon, go to the lower dialog box and select notify,
then hit ok, and save the two new sounds with a new name up above.
When I reboot the computer, nothing has changed.
Am I doing something out of sequence here? If I am, can someone please give
me the exact path to change these two sounds? I can't for the life of me
figure out why I can't get this to stick as a change.
If I go back into sounds in control panel and select windows logon and
logoff, the box shows "notify" and the sound files are all ok and I hear
them by hitting the triangle.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Dudley

job

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Dudley, this link may be useful to you
http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1064

Job says, "Sounds can be music to my ears."
"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@earthlink.net> wrote in
message news:eLIhlC$uFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to change the sound of both the windows logon
and logoff to the
> same sound...."notify". I'm following the directions to do
this exactly as
> it is written in the sounds section in control panel.
> I select the windows logon, go to the lower dialog box and
select notify,
> then hit ok, and save the two new sounds with a new name
up above.
> When I reboot the computer, nothing has changed.
> Am I doing something out of sequence here? If I am, can
someone please give
> me the exact path to change these two sounds? I can't for
the life of me
> figure out why I can't get this to stick as a change.
> If I go back into sounds in control panel and select
windows logon and
> logoff, the box shows "notify" and the sound files are all
ok and I hear
> them by hitting the triangle.
> Any thoughts greatly appreciated
> Many thanks
> Dudley

Thank you for the link. I have it solved actually, after I posted.
Apparently I was just selecting the two sounds I wanted to change; the xp
start and close; then selecting the sound I wanted, then just hitting apply
and ok. Somehow this wasn't working until I went up to the top dialog box
and saved this as a new scheme with a new name. When I did this, the sounds
changed all right on the reboot.
Dudley