Athlon II x4 620, Need helps with my attempts

pishposh7

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I'm a completely new user to overclocking, I got the Athlon II x4 620 partially for it's apparent ease of overclocking with stock volt/cooling
This is my mobo:
mobo

In my attempts, my complete changes amount to:

Cool n Quiet DISABLED
CPU/HT Reference(FSB): 250
CPU/NB Frequency: 8.00x
CPU Over Voltage: 1.35
Memclock Value: 400 MHz
Memory Overvoltage: 1.53000

Everything else is on auto. The thing is I'm not sure on much in terms of overclocking so I don't really know if I have done it right...

Also, it has a DRAM Frequency of 500MHz. I feel this is a part where I have made a mistake. I feel it should be 800MHz but I don't know how to make it there. Without overclocking, it runs at 667MHz but I have 1600 RAM so I changed it to 800MHz.

Uh, I'm not sure what other information is necessary but if it does require anything else, please tell me and I'll try to find it. If everything I did is right, I would still like some confirmation, just a simple post of anything can be helpful.
Thanks

Wizardsblade

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Are you able to get into windows and run cpuz, everest, speed fan, or some other monitering program?

If its not posting I would guess its your ram settings. when you change your FSB you usually increase the speed of the ram as well so a 25% OC on the FSB will be a 25%oc on the ram so it is trying to run at 2000mhz and it probably cant do that. Set back to 677 and its actual run speed will be 1333*1.25=1666. This speed will probably work for you, make sure to manually set all of your timing for the ram. (side note when the ram was set to 400 and fbs 250 (25%OC) it set the speed to 400*1.25 = 500 or 1000mhz as it is double pumped.

I just noticed you are using stock cooling your processor may not be doing well at this OC as well. if you want to get the ram up to speed first that is ok, but lower your cpu multiplier to 11, once your ram is stable then easy it up and watch your temps as you stress, my 630 does not like to OC if its tems get above 55c or so.

We will need a little more information though on exactly what problems you are having and you will probably want a better cooler if you are going to OC it to this speed.