Why are suicides linked to music purchases?

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

I was reading an article which said that a person who suddenly buys a
large number of CD's has a high likelyhood of suicide within the next 3
months. WHy do you suppose this is true?

-------------------
www.urine-pimp.com
pass your urine test

<usenet69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1107900066.970948.288460@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> I was reading an article which said that a person who suddenly buys
> a large number of CD's has a high likelyhood of suicide within the next
> 3 months. WHy do you suppose this is true?

If something inside snaps and puts a person on the verge of suicide,
I suspect a CD spending spree might seem less worrisome than it
normally would. Or maybe it's just a last attempt to cheer up.

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

Not to be confused with Cancer of the dearest comrade. Which is something totally
different.

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

In article <1107900066.970948.288460@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
<usenet69@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was reading an article which said that a person who suddenly buys a
> large number of CD's has a high likelyhood of suicide within the next 3
> months. WHy do you suppose this is true?

Kill yourself and then you can ask them
err.

--
Honest error is to be pitied, not ridiculed.
Earl of Chesterfield

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

In article <36v44sF57i5u8U1@individual.net>,
"L David Matheny" <ldmnews1@netassoc.net> wrote:
> <usenet69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I was reading an article which said that a person who suddenly buys
> > a large number of CD's has a high likelyhood of suicide within the next
> > 3 months. WHy do you suppose this is true?
> >
> If something inside snaps and puts a person on the verge of suicide,
> I suspect a CD spending spree might seem less worrisome than it
> normally would. Or maybe it's just a last attempt to cheer up.

I suppose its not such an unusual thing to do when you are trying to
recover from having your urine come out like yogurt that morning. Yep,
some Dixie Chicks and Skinny Puppy will clear that RIGHT UP.

--

HellPope Huey
Searching for my inner Bastard

If we are forced, at every hour,
to watch or listen to horrible events,
this constant stream of ghastly impressions
will deprive even the most delicate among us
of all respect for humanity.
- Cicero

Exit, pursued by a bear.
-William Shakespeare,
Stage direction in "The Winter's Tale"

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

no more money...

God bless the RIAA!

On 8 Feb 2005 14:01:06 -0800, usenet69@hotmail.com quipped and warbled
and generally subthunk:

>I was reading an article which said that a person who suddenly buys a
>large number of CD's has a high likelyhood of suicide within the next 3
>months. WHy do you suppose this is true?

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:22:59 GMT, HellPope Huey
<Slapyomammy@50mph.hee> quipped and warbled and generally subthunk:

>Yep, some Dixie Chicks and Skinny Puppy will clear that RIGHT UP.

That's what did it to me... A little Too Dark Park backing videos and
I go NUTSO

nut-so-good, that is...

it's also stupid to say that just because the balance of people who do
something and those who don't is 51/49, that others who do something
totally unrelated are more likely to follow the 51%.

Past DOES NOT EQUAL Future!!!

(unless you're a SubGenius)

Archived from groups: alt.fan.u2,alt.alien.research,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.slack,alt.suicide.holiday (More info?)

Probably because they bought so much Hilary Duff and Ashley Simpson.