Asus P6T Deluxe V1/V2 OR EVGA x58 sli?

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
So, I been thinking of the i7 920 and I need a mobo to go along with it.

Asus P6T Deluxe V1 or V2 OR EVGA x58 sli? And ofc, the reasoning behind it, the "WHY" factor. As of now, I am leaning more towards EVGA as I am considering their graphic cards too. Or are Asus graphic cards at the top of the game too? Due to waranty purposes, I want to get both mobo and gfx cards at one company. :sarcastic:
Note: I do not live in the United States, therefore am unclear if the "lifetime waranty" of EVGA products still apply to other countries. :heink:

Thanks for your help guys. :pt1cable:

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

There aren't any documented issues with the P6T's and RAM. Buy good RAM and you won't have issues. If you do, the board needs to be RMA'd (happens with any brand). The P6T Deluxe is rock solid and one of the top overclocking boards. The V2 is just as good and a few bucks cheaper, the only difference being the lack of SAS controller. The EVGA boards are great as well, but may lack a bit of the stability at high overclocks (this is based on trusted hardware review sites, I've only overclocked with the P6T Deluxe so far). As far as graphics cards go, I would stick with EVGA on that front. I understand it's more convenient to have 1 company, but in my opinion, the best build would be Asus Mobo and EVGA GPU. All that aside, you'll be fine if you decide to go Asus/Asus or EVGA/EVGA, all are great solutions.

In regards to EVGA's warranty applying outside the states, here's the fine print:
# The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for products purchased in North America, and Canada.
# The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for part numbers ending in: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX.
# EVGA does not ship replacements to PO Box addresses.
# EVGA will cover all return shipping back to our US and Canadian customers for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through UPS in the United States and free FedEx Ground shipping to Canadian Customers.*
# Customers located at military addresses (APO, etc) addresses, or outside the United States or Canada, will be responsible for return shipping.*

*Shipments being sent outside of the United States are sent through FedEx as Standard shipping. All RMA replacements to countries outside the United States will state Warranty Replacement on the package to assist in avoiding any Brokerage Fees through customs. EVGA is NOT responsible for any fees charged by the destination countries government body or brokers due to brokerage fees.

I would contact EVGA to clarify, but my interpretation is that if you buy the card from an American retailer the warranty is valid, but you would have to pay international shipping if an RMA was needed.

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Thanks scrumhalf. I think I would go with the Deluxe V2 and stick with EVGA's graphic cards. And apparently EVGA is pretty new to the mobo industry, so I think I'll go with asus.

halcyon

Splendid

That's funny, I have 12GB of Patriot RAM in my P6T Deluxe and its showing all of it, every last appropriate drop. ...and there's been no problems. I got my board back in January and its been completely trouble free and you've gotta love the Asus bios, as usual they do an excellent job.

caniba

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008

Do a quick google search. I had to RMA a P6T due to a bad RAM slot. I found numbers of people with the same problem. It is not a RAM compatibility issue it is the slots that have a defect. This board is stable and works extremely well and OC's like a MF as long as it came off of the assembly line ok.

Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Its prob a thing of the past. Although the V2 is suppose to be the V1 without onboard SAS but I am sure they fixed some minor issues with it, the RAM compatibility issue might be one thing.

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

I understand what you are saying, but that's not a design issue (as you understand), that's just something getting damaged in assembly/shipping. I've read cases of it with Asus boards, Gigabyte boards, EVGA, MSI, Intel, etc. My point was that the poster mentioning RAM issues made it sound like a design problem where all boards had issues recognizing RAM, but as you and I know, that's just not the case.

halcyon

Splendid

Again...12GBs of RAM and never any problems. ...and I doubt I'm just lucky.

I'm not only running 12 gigs, I'm running 12 gigs at DDR3-1600 (the board only officially supports 1 DIMM per channel at 1600MHz). It works perfectly - Windows sees all 12278 MB.

manutd4life

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009

i also need a mobo and after many research i came with Asus and the EVGA. i also get scared of the RAM issue, but i understand that we must buy certified memory that is the memory in the Asus p6t deluxe v2 memory list.
Am i right???

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
After EVGA ( I have the x58 board) claims that my mobo was registered under someone else, and requested proof, I showed them and yet they still claimed it was registered by another person. Then backtracked and said that the board was never registered. The board doesn't like ddr3-1600 RAM. They refused to help which is why I will not buy anything EVGA.

ctguy1955

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I guess EVGA has a policy of you have to register something within 30 days, or your not going to get the full warranty that you should get. If I had the receipt, I would at least get an apology for them not being willing to talk about it with you, I understand they wont do anything because of non-registration, but they should at least be willing to talk about it.

I know its two years old, but you showed up !!! Thanks

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

Very true! I showed them my receipt and took a picture of the s/n. First they say it's registered under someone else, then after my proof, they claim it wasn't registered but they are full of it, I had the underclocking ram issue since I got the motherboard. When I had the problem, I registered my board, I know I did because to get technical assistance, you have to register the board online. Besides, when I tried registering it again (just to see) it even said, sorry, this board is already registered. I was looking at feedback from EVGA products on newegg and people were having the same issue. What a scam. That's why, for Sandy Bridge, Im going with Asus.