Power Supply for SLI gtx 260

OK, I'm looking to get a second GTX 260 and i currently have a 750w power supply. I was wondering if that would be good enough for 2 way SLI or do I need to upgrade my power supply.
11 answers Last reply
More about power supply
  1. 750 watts is more than enough, but quality also counts.
    What psu do you have ? And what are the rest of the pc's spes ?
  2. I have an E8500 overclocked to 4.0, gtx 260, 4 gigs, a motherboard that came with my dell idk what it exactly is (xps 630), and the same with the actual psu..
  3. i dont know if your able to upgrade the psu due to dell product mobo and psu. might want to ask dell about that
  4. You can certainly upgrade if you feel the need to, it's a standard ATX power supply, but it should be able to handle dual 260's without a problem ( other than needing to use the power adapters )
  5. dell has got a lot better about their special little connections on their boards they used to have. a standard ATX power supply should work no problem.
    i highly recommend shopping for a power supply with the proper plugs. the adapters are supposed to be for temporary use only as most card manufacturers state. i wouldn't risk my cards to a 10 cent piece of plastic with loose connectors floating around in it.
  6. oh ok... thanks a lot everyone
    :]
  7. roofus said:

the adapters are supposed to be for temporary use only as most card manufacturers state.

I know far to many people who use them on a constant basis to buy into that.
  8. what kind of power adapters
  9. Molex to 6 pin adapters
  10. but i only have 3 molex
  11. Assuming your PSU is of high quality (Corsair, PC P&C), yes then 750W is more than enough.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx SLI Components