Best 24" Monitor for the money?

ChopstickNINJ4

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I'm looking for a new 24" monitor for gaming/movies and I was wondering other than S-IPS monitors (which cost way too much) what else is good? Currently I'm using a 19" Sony that has an incredibly limited viewing angle (before dark colors get completely distorted) and sucks for watching movies. I've been looking at the Dell 24" but it apparently suffers from Input lag as shown in a lot of Youtube videos and random web reviews. Anyone have any suggestions?

Highly recommend the Dell 2408WFP.
I use it for, among other things, gaming and have NEVER had an issue with input lag.
In fact, I have never had any issues at all with it.
It is an excellent monitor and, if you can afford the minor premium over a cheap TN panel, you should defiantly get it.

antiacid

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
outlw6669: he asks for best monitor for the money and you point him to a 700$ monitor? Can I get some of what you put in your cereals this morning?

Long story short, TN monitors all pretty much have equivalent features. You want one that doesn't have an ugly frame, that can do 1920x1200 (none of that silly 1920x1080) and that has a decent brightness (250cd/m is a good value for most users).
Check out the G2400WD, it's around 340$CAD and if you get it from NCIX, you get the dead pixel warranty which could end up being worth it no matter what screen you chose.

ChopstickNINJ4

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Hmm... Oh man the LP2475w looks sooo soo nice, I really want an IPS, but i think 650 is going to rape me :-(. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I just got my Dell 2408, and it's a revision A01. It does not seem to have nearly as much input lag as A00 (which was still not as much lag as some people seemed to think). I couldn't be happier overall, and it's definitely a great choice.

Oh, and watch for it to go on sale if you don't need it right away. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago for $530, around $150 off of what it is selling for right now.