Sign in with
Your question

Read/Write Monitoring Program

Last response: in Storage
April 9, 2010 5:39:24 AM

I'm looking for a program that can monitor how much data is written/read from a harddrive and then display it as a graph.

I'm not looking for a program that runs its own stress test. I want to run my own tests, but need a program that can display the amount of data that is written/read.

Activity Monitor is one program but it is for MAC, I need one for PC.
April 9, 2010 5:56:43 AM

CrystalDiskInfo?
m
l
April 9, 2010 6:28:16 AM

Journal10 said:
CrystalDiskInfo?

CrystalDiskInfo does not record and display how much is read and written to the HHD.

m
l
Related resources
April 9, 2010 7:02:22 AM

Its cool. Here is an example of what I'm looking for.

The bottom of this program shows you:

Data Read
Data Written
Data read/sec
Data written/sec

I want the same program but for PC. That program is MAC only.
m
l
April 9, 2010 7:07:53 AM

I found!!

작업 관리자 실행 (Run the Task Manager?) -> 성능 탭 (Performance Tab?) -> 리소스 모니터 (Resource Monitor?) -> 디스크 (Disk?)

hahaha

Right?
m
l
April 9, 2010 7:42:17 AM

I've tried that program. It gives me the Data Written/Sec and only per each process individually.

Essentially what I want to know is the Total Data Written to the Disk in an hour. It's nearly impossible to calculate that with Performance Monitor. I tried, maybe I missed something?

Activity Monitor from MAC is so much easier u just run the program for an hour and read the number.
m
l
a b G Storage
April 9, 2010 1:22:23 PM

Have you tried process explorer, by sysinternals? I haven't used it in awhile, but as I remember it gave a chart of the amount of data being read/written.
m
l
April 9, 2010 8:22:30 PM

Process Explorer didn't work.

But another program called Process Monitor has worked.
m
l
a b G Storage
April 9, 2010 8:59:56 PM

Good - it does look like a nice program.
m
l
!