I7 Cooler help...

OmegaStalker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi i'm building my new i7 920 pc and i want to overclock it to hopefully around 4Ghzish stabley on air and apperantley theres a few good coolers out there and i wanted to know which ones the best... (p.s. i live in the UK so my choice is somewhat limited and sorry for my not so good spelling im tired i had 3 exams today and im about to go bed :)) anyways so theses are the contenders...
- Asus Triton 88
- Coolermaster V8
- Thermalright 120eXtream
- Noctua SE1366 NH-U12P
- Zalman CNPS9900 LED CPU Cooler
- ASUS Triton 81
- Nexus FLC-3000 CPU Cooler

Yeah so if any one has any one of these i would really appericate the input and can you tell me whats your OC and load temp... thank you so much!

OmegaStalker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
i take it no ones had much experience with the i7 platforms and its coolers? shame i really thought someone would have already got a decent oc on the i7 with a nice cooler...

I used the thermalright ultra 120 extreme with the 1366 kit on my i7 build. I have been very surprised and pleased at how cool it keeps the cpu. I have only a mild oc at 3.33. While waiting for the parts, I lapped the cooler because it was a bit convex. Read the benchmarks for 775 installations, you can get 1366 mounting kits for many of the best. I think noctua would be a good alternative.

TRENDING THREADS