What to buy Asus P5Q3 Deluxe

hiredhelp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hi guys im here to ask for anyones opinion. im looking to get a ddr3 board but has to be asus cos the no1 overclocking features. i have been looking around alot of the asus boards.they are all very simular and offer pritty much the same. now i seen a P5Q3 ddr3 for under £120 and the P5Q3 DELUXE problem i have is is there anyother boards asus, that can beat the P5Q3 SERIES this mainly going to be used as a good all rounder but having ddr3 gonna give me i hope a real boost. im looking to buy a q6600 clock it . however i have also been pondering on how big will the new intel i7 take off and is it worth it yet given the quad cores still strong chips hmm hope you can help me cheers :D

hiredhelp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
i am getting a q6600 mate no problem there just i was wondering if worth getting ddr3 as i hear there much better for overclocking too

hiredhelp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
thanks for them links ive read threw .specially about ddr2 vs ddr3 it seems the post may be old Date: May 15th, 2007 times changed since then .however like they said ddr2 today or dd3 tommorow he did say if you want performance to go with ddr3 that i do want is performce . but with the new quads memory timings overclocking seems to be very important now as the ddr2. only reaches 1066 just over im thinking 2 years on from that post ddr3 maybe now taken off. looking at the new I7 all them have new boards witch dont use ddr2 . hmm ok so mmy question now is .is the p5q3 a good borad or is there a better overclocking performance board out there. at the moment im holding a core 2 E6600 going to buy q6600 mainly cos the performance to the rest of the quads .what would be your thoughts on the p5q3 delux board .at the moment i have a fatality gigabyte board . to be honist its pants. doesnt like being tamperd with too much

hiredhelp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
thanks for them links ive read threw .specially about ddr2 vs ddr3 it seems the post may be old Date: May 15th, 2007 times changed since then .however like they said ddr2 today or dd3 tommorow he did say if you want performance to go with ddr3 that i do want is performce . but with the new quads memory timings overclocking seems to be very important now as the ddr2. only reaches 1066 just over im thinking 2 years on from that post ddr3 maybe now taken off. looking at the new I7 all them have new boards witch dont use ddr2 . hmm ok so mmy question now is .is the p5q3 a good borad or is there a better overclocking performance board out there. at the moment im holding a core 2 E6600 going to buy q6600 mainly cos the performance to the rest of the quads .what would be your thoughts on the p5q3 delux board .at the moment i have a fatality gigabyte board . to be honist its pants. doesnt like being tamperd with too much

hiredhelp

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009