Problem with CPU fan and Power supply...I THINK

Well i decided to get a new CPU fan because mine was stock and too loud. So i ordered one that was "quieter"( i don't remember where packaging is to tell you what brand sorry). Well when i installed it and booted my PC, I noticed i started to get random lock ups causing me to hard reset my PC and STOP errors. So i found out what all the stop errors meant and through out a 1 week period ive had a STOP error that pointed to every piece of hardware i have on my PC.

So i was thinking could this be power supply related?

Would changing to my old fan fix anything?

Specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPUs)

G.Skill 2gb (800mhz)

Nvidia Geforce 8600 gt

Realtek HD onboard Audio

ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard
3 answers Last reply
More about problem power supply think
  1. Did you use thermal paste, and use it in the right amount. Probably a heat issue from improper mounting.
  2. Hey thanks for the info. By the way it did help my CPU isn't peaking anymore but i still get crashing in games but I've isolated that to my video card. So thanks again.
  3. I'd recommend Rivatuner, and crank up the fan speed for the GFX card when playing games. However I would also look into getting a slightly better vid card too. Either a 4670 (Sapphire about $80 on newegg), or a 9600GSO (Zotac $85 on newegg), as either will destroy that 8600, and run much cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies CPUs Components