[homecrafter] textures/plug-ins

working on some walls and floors, but I can't find out how to make a
carpet (the wooly ones, with lots of texture) that looks good, besides
adjusting the hue/saturation slides.

Does anyone know how to do it (using Photoshop Elements 2) or if there
is a filter/texture/plug-in that I can download (preferable free)?

Thanks,
Bianca

Okay this is what i do. Make a new image in the right size. Fill it with a
color.
Add 100% noise. Do a glaussian blur set to about 1.00 or a bit more. Then
flood fill again with the same color but with the blend mode set to 'color'.
Note that I am using psp, but there should be a similar way with photoshop.

"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> working on some walls and floors, but I can't find out how to make a
> carpet (the wooly ones, with lots of texture) that looks good, besides
> adjusting the hue/saturation slides.
>
> Does anyone know how to do it (using Photoshop Elements 2) or if there
> is a filter/texture/plug-in that I can download (preferable free)?
>
> Thanks,
> Bianca

In photoshop you can do that but there is no "color" blend mode
if there is, it's called something else, and since I have never used PSP I
dunno! :)
I played around and managed to do a fluffy black carpet using Blue's method
for the first 4 steps
and then making the image darker using the Hue/Saturation option
and then contrasting it a bit more using brightness/contrast

I posted a picture of my slave labour over at alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2

HTH
Oh yeah and finally I used the sharpen filter, because I find if the game
has got too many blurry walls and floors..
it looks weird

I downloaded a fabulous rug carpet thing the other day only to find that the
colour was so blurry it was a mess
in the game, you couldn't even see the pattern!
so becareful! :)
--
- D

> Okay this is what i do. Make a new image in the right size. Fill it with
> color.
> Add 100% noise. Do a glaussian blur set to about 1.00 or a bit more.
> Then
> flood fill again with the same color but with the blend mode set to
> 'color'.
> Note that I am using psp, but there should be a similar way with
> photoshop.
>
> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> working on some walls and floors, but I can't find out how to make a
>> carpet (the wooly ones, with lots of texture) that looks good, besides
>> adjusting the hue/saturation slides.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to do it (using Photoshop Elements 2) or if there
>> is a filter/texture/plug-in that I can download (preferable free)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bianca

You ps users have layers right? Are there blends with the layers? You can
do it that way too. Sometimes I forget how I used to do it, lol.

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> You ps users have layers right? Are there blends with the layers? You can
> do it that way too. Sometimes I forget how I used to do it, lol.

Thanks!
You can blend layers, I just play around with the opacity slide to get
the effect. Or you can use (if you use the palette thing) the pull down
menu and choose one of those (I seem to get a good effect when I use
'color'). I'll post it to the binaries.

Bianca