5-4-4-12 when should be 4-4-4-12

shawnlove

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i have the lanparty dark DK P35 series mobo and the E5200 processor and g-skil 2gig dual channel ram.

well i o/c the processor to 3.6 to a stock 2.5 with liquid cooling and my ram is at 5-4-4-12 when it should be at 4-4-4-12 i just recently changed the voltage to the ram up to 2.1v and still at 5-4-4-12 also if i o/c my cpu past 3.6 (wanted4.0) but then my ram throws errors and dosent send the same info as receved once i went back to 3.6 and my ram at 500.0Mhz it dosnt give me the error anymore.... i am not shure how to mess with the ram timeing but i have a friend who does and has worked with microsoft who can ajust it is it possibly the ram cant go past 500Mhz and i need ot underclock them to fix this

ram.jpg

Solution
Right now, you are overclocking your RAM and that may be limiting your CPU overclock.

At 3.6 GHz, your FSB should be around or just under 300 MHz. Depending on what your BIOS calls it, lower your RAM clock to twice your FSB or around 600 MHz. This will give you a CPUZ CPU:DRAM ratio of 1:1.

Then you can see if you can get your FSB higher.

Overclocking RAM really does not help improve performance that much.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251715-29-ratio-myth

With the lower RAM clock, you should be able to lower your RAM timings.
Right now, you are overclocking your RAM and that may be limiting your CPU overclock.

At 3.6 GHz, your FSB should be around or just under 300 MHz. Depending on what your BIOS calls it, lower your RAM clock to twice your FSB or around 600 MHz. This will give you a CPUZ CPU:DRAM ratio of 1:1.

Then you can see if you can get your FSB higher.

Overclocking RAM really does not help improve performance that much.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251715-29-ratio-myth

With the lower RAM clock, you should be able to lower your RAM timings.

Solution

shawnlove

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

ok i figured it out all on my own :D and thanks alot with that i was able to achiev 4.0Mhz

ram.jpg

cpu.jpg