Is an Intel Yorkfield cpu compatible with an Abit AW9D-max MB?

Will these cpu's work with that MB? Strap in the AW9D-max bios 16 has 1333 in addition to the 1066, etc... Also, I've read ASUS 975x boards support Yorkfield cpu's. Since Abit is out of business there are no more BIOS upgrades but BIOS 16, I think the last for the MB, came out in Jan of 2008. However, if ASUS 975x boards support Yorkfields shouldn't the 975x Abit board, assuming bios supported, do the same? Any more info from anyone on this?
6 answers Last reply
More about intel yorkfield compatible abit aw9d
  1. In addition to BIOS updates, the Asus 975X motherboard (P5W DH Deluxe) has the required voltage regulators, etc.

This link provides the list of supported CPUs for your motherboard: http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ABIT/AW9D-MAX.html
  2. I wouldn't count on the published tables 100%; my FP-IN9 SLI doesn't boot with my new e7400 (stepping R0), even though e7300's are listed as working in the table.
  3. Mondoman said:
    I wouldn't count on the published tables 100%; my FP-IN9 SLI doesn't boot with my new e7400 (stepping R0), even though e7300's are listed as working in the table.

The E7400 isn't listed, but you decided to take the risk. Having the E7300 supported doesn't automatically imply support for the E7400.
  4. Yes, that's part of my point. Since Intel continuously makes changes (resulting in a new stepping number) without changing the model number of the CPU, you can't count on the table being "right" unless you know the stepping number that was tested. For example, e6400s have steppings all the way from B2 to M0. Since you normally can't order a specific stepping number of a CPU, there's always some element of risk involved when you know the CPU support isn't being updated anymore.
  5. Has there been an update to the testing tables from the last post?
  6. GhislainG said:
    In addition to BIOS updates, the Asus 975X motherboard (P5W DH Deluxe) has the required voltage regulators, etc.

This link provides the list of supported CPUs for your motherboard: http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ABIT/AW9D-MAX.html

Is the MB/CPU compatibility testing still ongoing? I'd like to upgrade to an E8500 or E8600 without taking a chance on the specific stepping of the CPU not working. I was wondering if these CPU's tested to be suitable. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS CPUs Compatibility Motherboards