Sign in with
Your question

Favorite place to get parts

Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2008 11:58:05 PM

Whats are all your guys favorite online places to get computer parts.

Maybe once I get some names ill do a poll of the most popular places.

My current place is Tigerdirect.com

More about : favorite place parts

November 5, 2008 12:41:46 AM

NEWEGG.COM that's all you need to know!
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 12:46:11 AM

90% of the time ----> Newegg.com It all depends on what it is. Combo deals are hard to beat.
9% of the time -----> Buy.com Mainly for cases and PSU's though. Buy.com regularly beats Newegg on price on Cases and PSU's.
1% of the time -----> Ewiz.com/MWave.com/Zipzoomfly.com Depends if they have good deals or not.
Related resources
November 5, 2008 1:06:19 AM

best buy and circuit city have the best hardware for the best prices, not to mention the most knowledgeable staff on the planet.

<end sarcasm>
November 5, 2008 1:26:34 AM

1. Directron.com = 20 minutes from my house for in-store pickup.
2. Newegg.com = if I am not in a hurry.
3. eWiz.com, Zipzoomfly, and Fry's = depends on their specials or deals.

a c 103 B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 2:51:21 AM

newegg.com
November 5, 2008 3:08:01 AM

newegg = heaven
November 5, 2008 3:13:32 AM

2nd Ahslan!
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 3:43:48 AM

Tigerdirect has poor selection and poor prices. They used to be good, about 8 or 10 years ago it was Tigerdirect and CDW. Time marches on, get over it :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 3:46:42 AM

If you really want to hunt for prices then visit

www.pricewatch.com

but you're often better off just going to new egg since they usually have better prices since they don't list all their items on pricewatch anymore, plus they have combo deals. Tiger Direct has some good specials, but I really really really hate their website.
November 5, 2008 7:24:49 AM

your house when your not home :) 
November 5, 2008 7:46:39 AM

Newegg for the main deals, then the others mentioned, and Frys.com for sale prices on retail hard drives.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 10:01:20 AM

Frys and Newegg.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 11:54:56 AM

First choice: Newegg

If newegg dosen't have the one's I need(usually modding stuff, water cooling)

xoxide, jabtech, petrastechshop, frozencpu.
November 5, 2008 12:05:37 PM

Newegg #1

Directron #2
November 5, 2008 12:39:15 PM

I mainly go to Microcenter since i live within 30 minutes of 1.
November 5, 2008 12:58:44 PM

I hope the OP noticed that no one said Tiger Direct.
November 5, 2008 1:03:12 PM

Newegg for most parts

Buy.com for PSU's

NCIX.com once in a while (though the shipping costs to the US are painful)
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 1:06:39 PM

For cables, small parts:

monoprice.com
cyberguys.com
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 1:16:43 PM

lunyone said:
90% of the time ----> Newegg.com It all depends on what it is. Combo deals are hard to beat.
9% of the time -----> Buy.com Mainly for cases and PSU's though. Buy.com regularly beats Newegg on price on Cases and PSU's.
1% of the time -----> Ewiz.com/MWave.com/Zipzoomfly.com Depends if they have good deals or not.

That's about it for me too. Even though I have to pay government extortion on newegg purchases (they have a warehouse in my state), it is hard to beat their delivery times and customer service.
I've also bought cases from buy.com.
Somewhere in that 1% are Microcenter.com (got my Q9450 there for $306 delivered) and geeks.com.
A site I check for deals (may even refer back to newegg!) is www.slickdeals.net.
And they usually only have one item per day, but woot.com is a must-check.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 1:42:48 PM

1. Newegg
2. Frozencpu
3. Amazon (only if they have a better deal)

My main issue is finding e-tailers that ship to APO/AE addresses.
November 5, 2008 2:21:49 PM

newegg, amazon, frozencpu, jabtech (jabtech carries yate-loon fans)
November 5, 2008 3:11:46 PM

Import*
damn edit feature
November 5, 2008 3:28:27 PM

Newegg.com provided i don't need it yesterday. I did order from thenerds once and it went well but i've read some stories where it went badly. Otherwise, up in New England, for quick turn around, i've got best buy and circuit city, both with a lousy selection and double the price. They do have this local mom and pop computer shop but walking in there is like strolling down memory lane, trying to sell 3 year old computer at the prices they were 3 years ago...

I did however stop into a Frye's Electronics in Arizona during a trip i took a couple of months ago. It was an awesome store and i can't wait to go again real soon. :) 

AJ
a b B Homebuilt system
November 5, 2008 7:43:58 PM

skittle said:
newegg, frozencpu, jabtech (jabtech carries yate-loon fans)

Yup, one of the reasons I buy from them. For those of you don't know Yate Loon fans are known for their quietness.
November 5, 2008 11:41:40 PM

First I check pricegrabber.com to get an idea what online prices are like.

I usually wind up buying from Newegg, buy.com, mwave, or zip zoom fly. It just depends who has the best price at the time. It pays to shop around. I also buy specialty items from jabtech, frozencpu, performance pc, xoxide, and mountain mods every once in a while. I go to the two Fry's Electronics stores here in Phoenix to look at components and every once in a while they might have something on sale that is competitive with online prices.
November 6, 2008 1:57:33 AM

newegg.com
!