nVidia HDMI software processing

500r420

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I recently upgraded from an ATI 3850 to an nVidia 9800 GX2. I use a 32" LCD TV with HDMI. The card over-processes the image with color effects and sharpening. I can get the color to look better with the desktop color curves. I cant get it not to sharpen though! I tried turning off the "edge detection" and have tried every feature in the nVidia control panel. The image looks good when the driver is uninstalled (but with low resolution and bad performance) but looks crappy with the nVidia driver!

Please Help!
David

PS: My laptop uses 8400 with the nVidia control panel and it doesn't do any of this crud
also using DVI to HDMI doesn't correct the problem

500r420

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Hello Shadow, I am using the most recent nVidia drivers. Unfortunately they say the GX2 performs poorly with older drivers so I don't want to try that.

Get this though, I tried taking screenshots and sending them to another computer and no problems at all! This is freaking me out. Im about to blame the outputs on the graphics card. Does anyone know a way that I can use a different device (maybe PCI to control the output to the tv but still process 3d with the GX2?)