My personal big list of parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpion_anshul

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
well, i checked out on all the specifications listed on asus site...
only differences i could note were: 16 phase design compared to 8-phase
and some extra cables in case of deluxe.. so, my question is: does spending $50 more on Deluxe justifies for these additional features over P5QE?

Probably only for extreme overclockers, or people that are looking for big margins of stability. Tests showed that energy conservation on this board wasn't any substantial gain as I recall.

ASUS generally puts higher quality into their deluxe boards, but you can get that for less on the P5Q-E.

3lvis

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Nice list.

Is this the full version or the bait and switch essentials that makes you buy the full version after a month?

With the drop in price of Solid State Drives, its making more sense to add one or two to your system for your OS boot drive. Heres and article on the new Gskill 128 GB that sells at newegg for $278.
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1650/g_skill_fm_25s2_128gb_2_5_inch_solid_state_disk/index.html

It makes more sense to buy a pair of the 64GB Gskill SSD's in raid 0, for double the bandwidth. The Gskill 64 GB SSD sells at newegg for $152 at the moment.

With only 3 days till nehalem it doesn't make any sense to buy now. The x58 chipset is looking like the best one ever with support for both crossfire and SLI. The 920 i7 is looks like the best value of the bunch. Heres an article about overclocking one and its performance.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3453&p=1

Thanks! That sure helps me out, especially on days when I'm very busy and can't do much on my own... I'll get to these updates on both my big posts sometime today.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
um pc superstore in aus has retarded prices... for best prices shopbot.com.au compares em, but i buy pretty much all my stuff from either umart or pccasegear so..

I should have added that one long ago. Fixed and more done as well.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Proximon, first would just like to say this is a great list and you bring a lot of value to this comunity because of posts like this. One of the many reasons why I post here now.

I was wondering if you plan on adding monitors to this list? I think with todays graphics cards, monitors and graphics cards are being tied very closely together. I was wondering if adding monitors to this list would be a good idea? (If so I can probally help compile this list if you want?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts