Sign in with
Your question

2nd harddrive not showing up

Last response: in Storage
April 9, 2010 11:07:08 PM

hi guys have something crazzy going on here my wifes second harddrive is not showing up in windows 7 should up in vista check the device manger and it shows up there but when i click on my computer it only shows the 1st harddrive witch is c and then the dvd blue ray if anyone knows whats going on let me know and thanks

More about : 2nd harddrive showing

a c 209 $ Windows 7
a c 415 G Storage
April 9, 2010 11:25:49 PM

A new drive that isn't partitioned or formatted can't be used to store files and it won't get a drive letter assigned to it. You can partition (create a volume) and format the drive by right-clicking on it in Device Manager.
April 9, 2010 11:28:07 PM

sminlal said:
A new drive that isn't partitioned or formatted can't be used to store files and it won't get a drive letter assigned to it. You can partition (create a volume) and format the drive by right-clicking on it in Device Manager.

thanks i will give that a try but dont understand why because it was showing up in windows vista and it has my wifes pics on it lol
Related resources
a c 209 $ Windows 7
a c 415 G Storage
April 9, 2010 11:43:30 PM

If the drive is partitioned and formatted, it's possible that it just needs to be assigned a drive letter. You can do that by right-clicking on it in Device Manager as well.
April 9, 2010 11:56:49 PM

sminlal said:
If the drive is partitioned and formatted, it's possible that it just needs to be assigned a drive letter. You can do that by right-clicking on it in Device Manager as well.

yes just did that never had to do that with other window systems but thanks for the help now it working and my wife not going to have to kill me for formatting her pics lol
!