Please help

We have just added on sims vacation ,and it wont run on our computer sims
deluxe still does but,
computer is celeron 3, 600 htz ,192mb ram, 2 HDs 1 is 10 gb ,2nd is 40 gb
have tried
the program on both after numerous in + uninstalls,have tried updating
video drivers +all the things listed in the manual
and on sims web site help were going crazy////////
5 answers Last reply
More about please help

    Are you using the correct cd?

    p&j wrote:
    > We have just added on sims vacation ,and it wont run on our computer
    > sims deluxe still does but,
    > computer is celeron 3, 600 htz ,192mb ram, 2 HDs 1 is 10 gb ,2nd is
    > 40 gb have tried
    > the program on both after numerous in + uninstalls,have tried updating
    > video drivers +all the things listed in the manual
    > and on sims web site help were going crazy

    Can you elaborate on 'it wont run'? and what other expansions do you have?

    p&j waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    tried again and came up with:
    > We have just added on sims vacation ,and it wont run on our computer
    > sims deluxe still does but,
    > computer is celeron 3, 600 htz ,192mb ram, 2 HDs 1 is 10 gb ,2nd is
    > 40 gb have tried
    > the program on both after numerous in + uninstalls,have tried
    > updating video drivers +all the things listed in the manual
    > and on sims web site help were going crazy////////

    192 Mb of ram seems kinda small. How much swap space do you have on your
    primary hard drive? If space is really tight on the primary drive, you
    might try moving as much stuff over to the secondary drive as much as
    possible.

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:16:53 GMT, "p&j" <pjjcm2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >We have just added on sims vacation ,and it wont run on our computer sims
    >deluxe still does but,
    >computer is celeron 3, 600 htz ,192mb ram, 2 HDs 1 is 10 gb ,2nd is 40 gb
    >have tried
    > the program on both after numerous in + uninstalls,have tried updating
    >video drivers +all the things listed in the manual
    > and on sims web site help were going crazy////////

    Which version of Windows are you running?

    BW

    p&j wrote:
    > We have just added on sims vacation ,and it wont run on our computer sims
    > deluxe still does but,
    > computer is celeron 3, 600 htz ,192mb ram, 2 HDs 1 is 10 gb ,2nd is 40 gb
    > have tried
    > the program on both after numerous in + uninstalls,have tried updating
    > video drivers +all the things listed in the manual
    > and on sims web site help were going crazy////////

    I had seen a similar question in the binaries group. It seems to me
    someone told them to install vacation before sims deluxe as deluxe came
    after vacation. Maybe that will work for you.

    hth...ali

Sims Computers Video Games