Sign in with
Your question

WINDOWS XP PROBLEMS

Last response: in Windows XP
April 9, 2011 4:10:01 PM

Hello,
I have two issues right now.

I have re-downloaded windows XP professional(sevice pack 2).

Firstly, my logitech camera wont be detected. I have downloaded windows again, downloaded the updated software a number of times and restarted the laptop a number of times. I have also noticed that there is not camera to be mentioned anywhere as if it does not exist, not even in the control panel.
The second problem is that I have problems with page scrolling. The up and down page scrolling has become wavy. I tried downloading windows again, but the problem is the same. I also unchecked the smoth scrolling option in internet explorer but the problem still remains. HELP PLEASE !!!!!! Gul

More about : windows problems

a b \ Driver
April 9, 2011 4:16:24 PM

You downloaded XP? like in off the internet?

Buy a real, valid copy and it will come with everything and will actually work.

April 9, 2011 5:18:27 PM

Thanks for the reply tigs. I actually installed windows from the same CD that I have always been using for a long time. It is a valid CD witha valid registration code. All of the functions and softwares were working perfectly fine. Unfortuantely a viral infection crashed my windows a week ago which is why I had to re-intall the windows. Everything else is working perfectly fine, the graphics and sound are tip top. I also have had no problem installing the other softwares. So these 2 issues I am having are kind of baffling me a bit. I am wondering if somewhere some option has to be checked or unchecked.
a b \ Driver
April 9, 2011 5:41:10 PM

Hmmm....The camera thing may be a needed driver that came with the camera.

The scrolling being jerky or whatever can be fixed... usually.

Right-Click: My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Settings button,

Check the box for "Smooth Scroll list boxes"

Install Chipset drivers

Install video driver

Install DirectX

!