Pls help bios question

execute

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Hi, I'm having problems changing my FSB:RAM ratio in the bios, it won't let me select anything other than auto. CPU-Z tells me it's runing at 5:6 (333:400)

I want to run it at 333:667 since the ram is ddr2 800, but the ratio wont change from auto. I have already looked around this site and found this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-247006_10_0.html, which tells me,

"Also, when EIST is disabled, you should be able to adjust the CPU ratio or multiplier higher or lower, which will force it to stay at that specified multiplier, and specified vcore. So on a CPU that has a multi of 10, the choices will be 6-10. You will not be able to go higher then the original stock multiplier, unless you brought the Extreme Edition Intel CPU."

But this doesn't let me change it still. Can anyone pls give me a hand to get my ram running faster than half of what its capable of.

Also one more question if I may.. would 333:667 give a 1:2 ratio or is that 1:1 since its double data rate ram?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MB- Asus P5Q Deluce, E8500, G.skill DDR2 800

Are you saying that you can't change DRAM Frequency in Ai Tweaker at all?

Why do you want to decrease the frequency of the RAM from 800 MHz to 667 MHz? That part is unclear to me. I have the same motherboard, CPU and possibly the same RAM; it runs at 5:6 and that's what it should be.

Check the SPD table with CPU-Z to see if 333 MHz is available with yours. The PI Black offers 200 MHz, 266 MHz and 400 MHz. I run mine at the EPP #1 settings.

execute

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
I dont want to decrease it, at the moment the bandwidth is 400Mhz.. I want it at 667.

Our FSB speed is 333mhz so given the ratio (5:6) that will only give us 400mhz DRAM frequency.. [(333 / 5) X6]

Im trying to get the ratio down to 1:1 (or 1:2?) which would be 333mhz:667Mhz.

I think your ram is underclocked like mine. Pls correct me if I am wrong, Pls help me if I am right.

screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg

My RAM is not underclocked (and neither is yours). Since your DDR2 RAM runs at a frequency of 400 MHz, it really runs at 400 MHz x 2 = 800 Mhz.

If you check the SPD, you'll see all available frequencies. Always multiply them by 2 for DDR2. Your sysytem is using the EPP #1 profile which provides excellent performance and stability.