Sign in with
Your question

How to flash ASUS P5VD2-MX (AWARD BIOS) without a floppy disk?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 5, 2009 9:04:23 PM

yeah that's the question. I need to upgrade my BIOS. I've read that if I upgrade my BIOS to the latest version, I will be able to select 1440x900 resolution. My problem is, that my FD drive is not working. So I mean, can I upgrade my bios using a CD, USB or something like that but not a floppy disk?
March 5, 2009 11:02:23 PM

Asus's website is currently down so i cant confirm this, but im sure they must have a windows based flash utility. i flash my ECS motherboard from a windows based utility that comes with the bios file.
March 5, 2009 11:16:24 PM

If you have the manual and it supports "crashfree bios" you can update the bios with a cd...

You need to download the new bios and then rename it to whatever the original file on your support cd is. eg. (P5VD2-MX.rom)

burn a disk with the file on it, start your pc looking for the cd first in the boot order and update from there.
March 5, 2009 11:30:12 PM

thanks both you guys, I just have found ASUS Upgrade utility, downloaded latest version and successfully upgraded my BIOS. Now I've got widescreen resolution, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!
!