Sign in with
Your question

Put a GeForce PCI-E on Motherboard with x1250 OB VGA enabled?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2008 6:51:38 AM

I'm curently own Fatal1ty I90HD MB, but I feel need more power on Graphics (I'm not a Gamer).

After seeing some Software Req. Its got to be a GeForce-based card. Can I plug 7600GT (planned) without losing My OnBoard X1250? aka with each own driver installed under XP.

(I already have dual display) and want to set each display independently if this possible.

Anyone have try this setup? before I actually buy 7600GT...
December 2, 2008 7:46:06 AM

depends on your bios. some disable the onboard if you plug in a discrete gfx card without giving the option to enable it again.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
December 2, 2008 9:09:23 AM

Sounds like heresy to me. I think you probably can keep both, but they won't work together, since DirectX drivers won't allow different drivers to render 3D enviroments. I am guessing you'll have to use the GeForce, and uninstall it to go back to the x1250. I sincerely do not recommend trying to use both catalyst and forceware at the same time. Also, I'm really curious as to why would you want your onboard VGA when you have a discrete one.
December 10, 2008 5:42:32 AM

Mostly I work with OpenGL Apps. For Ex. I could output video frames on my second display (X1250) and have 3d viewport on the first display (7600) both work independently.
And there are some negligible reason:
- I can test how a 3d implementation will looks like on each card (ATI & Nvidia)
- I can compromise some ATIvsGeForce incompatibility issue such GLSL,Cg or HLSL.
- And I can work happily regardless its nvidia optimized apps or ati optimized apps.

After all X1250 is pretty decent with atleast 8.7 Catalyst
December 10, 2008 5:56:33 AM

blackwidow_rsa said:
depends on your bios. some disable the onboard if you plug in a discrete gfx card without giving the option to enable it again.

Well it says enabled when PCI-E is Radeon too. don't know with Geforce.

BTW sorry for My BAD ENGLISH
!