Sign in with
Your question

How to overclock a P5N-TDeluxe

Last response: in Overclocking
March 5, 2010 4:26:01 AM

I am running a P5N-TDeluxe with a Q9450 and dont know a lot on how to exactly overclock. I do know about adjusting the voltages of both CPU and Memory but on this board there appear to be too many options. It does however have the option of cranking up the whole system with just one up 5%-10% etc. The problem with this is the system did not even boot just at 5%, so I threw that theory where it belonged and am now turning to the experts. Can anyone tell this simpleton just what to do to what in the bios to crank it up just a little or maybe a bit more please?
Thanks ;) 

More about : overclock p5n tdeluxe

March 5, 2010 7:17:05 PM

Hello i also have the p5n-t deluke (better to call it asus 780I), any ways i know what you means byall the options and stuff , things i still dont no to increase is voltage section nb br04 chip , vtt, pll , gtlref etc

All i want to do is overclock my chip to 4.0ghz like most people have goten on it -.-

Anyways theres not realy any info out there for this board for help as ive looked for months and this site used to be realy helpfull but now has gone down hill as most cba to help nowadays , the overclocking duals and quads link is also crap as al it talks about is older chips and a crappy dude overclocking a crappy q6600 quad. He mentions numerous times about going into detail about voltage teaking , (so i can learn what to bump by how far , as how much without blowing caps on the board etc) but ofc he never does and only give out voltage tweaks for quad. Where the hell is the duo help here.

Also used to be a realy good helper on here that loved chatting on this site to help loads overclocking , seems like he must of faded or got bored.

unfortunly for you i would suggest bumping youre cpu fsb QDR (QDR btw = quadpumped frontsidebus) by 10mhz and keep doing it until system hangs/freezes or bsods. then start to bump vcore but check on intel site on youre cpu modle what the max vcore you can go to is. once you get settled around that should be stable enough to run prime 95 for a stresstest to see if stable if not youre on the same boat as me and stuck wondering which other voltages need bumbed or dropped.

If you manage to get someone to actuly help for once , hit me a reply so i can learn from you what they told you about the voltage raising part , thanks and goodluck
m
l
March 5, 2010 7:21:32 PM

remember also if you got a gfxs card lock the pcie @ 100MHZ , turn off C1e , tm2 and speedstep EIST, smart monitor hd . Then also lock youre memory @ what its rated to and leave the timings to auto for now . and add youre rated memory voltage , you can find it usaly on the sticked on the memory or by using CPUZ program / memory spd tab (make/modle research on the named brands site and tada)
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2010 12:27:46 AM

BenSheriff said:
remember also if you got a gfxs card lock the pcie @ 100MHZ , turn off C1e , tm2 and speedstep EIST, smart monitor hd . Then also lock youre memory @ what its rated to and leave the timings to auto for now . and add youre rated memory voltage , you can find it usaly on the sticked on the memory or by using CPUZ program / memory spd tab (make/modle research on the named brands site and tada)

Thanks BenSheriff,

At least you have given me a starting point which prior to your response was zip. I will check the CPU max voltage as suggested. Cant trust bios info as its too hush hush and confusing. I'll let you know how I got on cos I stll need to get a cooler for the CPU. Although I'm running enough fans in the box to set up a air conditioner (Antec 900) I still only have a standard CPU fan on board. But having said all that still want to crank it up a litter bit just to see how its done. So once again thanks a bunch. Will get back to you when its all done and dusted.
MichaelA :wahoo: 
m
l
March 7, 2010 4:43:39 PM

MichaelA said:
Thanks BenSheriff,

At least you have given me a starting point which prior to your response was zip. I will check the CPU max voltage as suggested. Cant trust bios info as its too hush hush and confusing. I'll let you know how I got on cos I stll need to get a cooler for the CPU. Although I'm running enough fans in the box to set up a air conditioner (Antec 900) I still only have a standard CPU fan on board. But having said all that still want to crank it up a litter bit just to see how its done. So once again thanks a bunch. Will get back to you when its all done and dusted.
MichaelA :wahoo: 

No problem michael mate , any help you need send me a message and ill reply asap.
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a c 197 K Overclocking
March 8, 2010 12:52:46 PM

Good grief, people. There's a reason that they are called "guides" and not "cookbooks" (list of detailed instructions).

And have you heard of google?

:sigh: (I really want a sigh smiley.)

This should be your first stop.
HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - Guide v1.6.1
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overc...

Yes. It's that old link, but having newer chips does not change the principle of overclocking a Core2 CPU.

Next, google is your friend. However, there's no guarantee that it will tell you what you want to hear.

Google "p5n-t deluxe overclock" and you will get all kinds of information. Unfortunately, not all of it is good. The 780i chipset is not a good overclocker. But there is some information out there.

Unless you have been around more than three years or so - or have done a lot of research, you have no way of knowing the following fact. The 780i chipset is just a 680i modified to be compatible with the 45 nm CPU's.

It just so happens that before I decided to standardize with Gigabyte motherboards with Intel chipsets, I had an eVGA 680i motherboard. The following link is what I used to get a 2.4 GHz E6600 running at 3.6 GHz 24 hour Orthos stable:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/747/747606p3.html

Keep your load temps under 70 C and do not exceed 1.3625 volts on the core.

Michael, I have 3 Antec 900 cases. All my case fans are set on LOW. Running them faster does not improve my cooling - fortunately. Case fans on HIGH sounds like a freakin' vacuum cleaner setting on my desk. :)  For a serious overclock, you will need better than stock cooling.

Here are three under $50 heatsinks that are pretty popular:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Sunbeam
Xigmatec Dark Knight

The Hyper 212+ seems to be wining in the market place. It's a very good cooler at an excellent price.

They all require a somewhat different approach to applying thermal compound.
Suggestions for applying thermal compound:
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

----------
Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz
m
l
March 14, 2010 12:49:15 PM

jsc reguarding to the quads and duals quote " : - what i mentioned above was in the guide when it comes to the voltage area , he stats he will explain certain voltages but never does . And other parts he stats what the voltages should be increase to for safe stable clock , but mentions only the voltage for quads not duals. Just think they could put more effort into duo users.
m
l
!