Solved

Scythe Mugen 2 Query!

Hi!

I was wanting to buy a Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler for my system (PII X 4 940 BE). Now I've read that a total of 4 fans can be mounted with this thing, but I was wondering is putting 4 fans at all beneficial or a push-pull config better? Has anyone here run the Mugen 2 with 4 fans? Any help would be really appreciated on this.

TIA :)
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about scythe mugen query
  1. no, but i ran it with 3 fans in my old computer..... I was using zebronics reaper cabinet........
  2. Best answer
    I'm using the Mn 2 on my i7 920 and have only the stock fan and have found that to be more than enough even when oc'ing to 4+GHz and running 8 instances on Prime95. Never saw it go above 60C. Using a CoolerMaster HAF 932 case. My i7 idels at 36C.

If you are into extreme overclocking, then 4 fans with both sets in a push/pull scenario would be ideal. But even with overclocking, two fans in a push/pull and inline with you case air flow would (should) be more than enough.

The biggest issue I've found with the Mugen 2 is the size. It is a BIG heatsink and, in part, the reason why it works so well.

IMO, the Mugen 2 is (one of) the best bang/buck air coolers available and the stock fan is more than adequate (with proper case air flow).

Hope this helps.
  3. Best answer selected by SnakeEyes82.
  4. Thanks chunkeymonster for your help!! I guess I'll use it with the stock fan or 2 fans in push-pull. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking