could someone tell me why I am finding it almost impossibl..

May 4, 2005 10:20:32 AM

Hello
After losing my data on a sony clie nz 90 why am I having such a difficult
time getting the pc data back on the handheld/????? Thanks for the help if
someone has time to answer. Thanks
md

More about : finding impossibl

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 4:17:12 PM

Mark DeMarcus wrote:
> Hello
> After losing my data on a sony clie nz 90 why am I having such a
> difficult time getting the pc data back on the handheld/????? Thanks
> for the help if someone has time to answer. Thanks
> md

More information required:

1. Describe the circumstances of the data loss
2. Is Hotsync working properly, i.e., does the clie at least connect?
3. What does the log show?
4. Have you set the options to desktop overwrites handheld for all
conduits?
5. Anything else that might help with diagnosing the problems.

May 6, 2005 9:47:47 PM

I am also interested in this, as I am having a similar problem with my
m130. It died and the soft reset came out as a hard reset instead, and
all the data was lost. It does not connect to the desktop at all. the
log shows nothing. I set the conduits for overwriting, but I can't get
it to talk to the computer. I followed all the tech help pages on
palmone.com, but nada.

Thanks also,

KC
May 6, 2005 10:56:34 PM

kl_clayton@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am also interested in this, as I am having a similar problem with my
> m130. It died and the soft reset came out as a hard reset instead, and
> all the data was lost. It does not connect to the desktop at all. the
> log shows nothing. I set the conduits for overwriting, but I can't get
> it to talk to the computer. I followed all the tech help pages on
> palmone.com, but nada.

Try reinstalling the Palm Desktop.

Notan
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:49:36 AM

would I lose all my data that currently resides on the desktop?
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 12:52:15 AM

kl_clayton@yahoo.com wrote:
> would I lose all my data that currently resides on the desktop?

No. Your data is contained in a separate folder in the Desktop folder
that is not overwritten with a reinstall.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:43:35 PM

Well, I downloaded the desktop software, and reinstalled it. When I
Launched the app, it showed my old data. Then I went to the users
button, it showed the user as "none" so then I switched to the myname
user, and my data all went byebye.

I did another reinstall, and it didn't show up. I think it must be
there somewhere, but I don't know where to look, or where to put it
when I do find it. I am running it on an imac using os9.

The hotsync did work after the reinstall, too. Thanks for the advice,
and I hope somebody can help me get out of this mess!
!