Xp Installation and crashing problems.

G

Hey all ,

Basicly i have a machine running windows XP and it allways has for many years.

Now it started locking up and crashing which i belived to be hardware related and its seen better days getting bit tired.

So to eliminate software as the issue i first booted a xp operating system from CD think bart something....
This crashed once and got to run okay in the end but its only small version of it.

So i thought okay maybe is the software so i dont loose information i installed an old harddrive i got and formated it and started to install windows XP.

I have installed windows XP on this system many of times with no problems at all and its still got same hardware now.

But during this installation i kept getting a windows could not load the installer for display.
Then the blue screen of death.

So next i installed windows 2000 this went on fine.
Then i went to upgrade to XP after installing all the correct drivers on the windows 2000 for hardware.

During this up grade again i get the windows could not load the installer.
But this time i get this many of times for all components and a ending in the blue screen again.

So does any one have any advice on this please or confirm maybe this is a hardware issue that only XP is encountering due to some certain way it uses the hardware.

I have tried diffrent RAM sticks so thats out the window and seems okay althought cant be 100 percent bout the motherboard itsself.

Cheers for your time reading and any help you provide. :)
Tom.

G

Just thought would say what i mean is by the operating system is locking up and crashing at moment i mean as in windows will not load it just locks up on the splash screen. :)