Sign in with
Your question

My pc keeps asking for Tray app I dont have it

Last response: in Windows XP
April 10, 2011 7:58:18 PM

TrayApp was giving me a headache. I kept on getting TrayApp and could not go further until I pressed control-alt-del to cancel the process but each time the computer started I got the same problem. Then I bought and installed AVG pc tune up but to no avail this only stopped by email access. The only way out was to do a system restore.

I am going to phone AVG tomorrow to see why their program did not do the job I paid for and only made things worse.

More about : tray app dont

April 12, 2011 8:09:11 AM

Read the following article before action.

So when you say trayapp, do you mean the program that start up with your computer? and it freezes the computer. Press F8 when boot and start window in safemode. start>run>msconfig, press enter, in the start up tab of pop up window, disable the program causing the freeze. Ok to save and restart computer.

Or do you have a HP printer? If yes, then put the HP printer CD in and sort it out.
April 12, 2011 9:20:52 AM

Thanks Pyree, I did a system restore back to the 1st April and this seems to have solved the problem. Before that I had other things arising due to installing msn. The Windows live messenger insisted on starting up every time and Solution centre was looking for a feature on a network recourse that was not available’

I had three applications to end from the windows task manager every time I started and they were Solution Centre, Windows Live Messenger and today.

Since doing a system restore I seem to be OK but I might have to reinstall “your uninstaller” to get rid of msn in the future as the program setup is looking for an external way to uninstall and won’t let me do it.
!