Help - 2 Admin accounts - want only one

I cannot delete the second account even if there is 2 of them. I get the
message "You need at least one admin account on this machine" to serve user
accounts and such...
Why is this?? It seems like Windows cannot see my "main" Admin account,
because if I create a 3rd Admin account , then I get to delete the 2. Admin
account, bet the thing is I don't want to have more than one Administrators
account........
1 answer Last reply
More about help admin accounts

    "" wrote:
    > I cannot delete the second account even if there is 2 of them.
    > I get the
    > message "You need at least one admin account on this machine"
    > to serve user
    > accounts and such...
    > Why is this?? It seems like Windows cannot see my "main" Admin
    > account,
    > because if I create a 3rd Admin account , then I get to delete
    > the 2. Admin
    > account, bet the thing is I don't want to have more than one
    > Administrators
    > account........

    Are you trying to delete the "default" (as in the administrator acout
    given the name Administator by default) administrator acount? If you
    are, thats your problem, windows wont let you delete that acount, you
    can how ever disable it, which has much the same effect.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Help-Admin-accounts-ftopict422900.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1414978

Microsoft Windows XP