Uninstalling Ati drivers

greenground

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Right so I just uninstalled the old drivers, and went for the restart after the desktop loaded the "new hardware detected" screen popped up then crash and a restart. It is now on a endless cycle of restarting and crashing.

What can I do?

greenground

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
I guess I should mention I am using a 4870 video card, my second concern is IF i do get it up and running somehow how will I install new drivers without getting this problem.

greenground

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Sigh, I dont even have safe mode for some odd reason. I just get the choice of booting the HDD or CD. I am just gonna format I guess. But I still have the issue of uninstalling drivers for fear of crashing....This bites

Do a clean Install.
First uninstall your current VGA driver,then download and install Driver Sweeper,after that restart and go to safe mode then bring up Driver Sweeper and clean what its left,y have done a clean uninstall now,then boot up normally and install the new driver.

greenground

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Antec 650 with a asus p5q pro board. Also the video card is a HIS. The ram is G-skill 4 gigs.

I cant boot into safemode, all I get when i press f8 is the choice boot either the HDD, or cd. The screen where that option usually comes up looks nothing like it should.

I am wondering if i even put the computer together properly or something maybe the bios?

This is BRAND new comp just finished putting it together last week and just got around to installing the os a few days ago and the drivers today. I played a few rounds of CS:S on all max setting and everything was fine.
Except that I couldnt pick a server from inside css it would just lock up and I would have to restart. I had to pick a server from steams server window.