RAID-0 Controller For 3- SSD Drives

enviroman63

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I have an HP-180T new Desktop PC -- 3.33GHZ 6-Core , I got it with RAID-0 , 2-SATA 7200-RPM Platter Drives.
I wish to get rid of them and Exchange for Two OCZ - FAST SSD Drives in a RAID-0 Config

My Question: What is the best or optimum RAID Card I should purchase to benifit the full performance from a " Two " SSD Drive RAID-0 set-up
I do not wish to over purchase a RAID card that I really do not need , But by the same Token I do not want a
under performing RAID card that wil not provide the full performance possibilities of my New SSD Drives?

I am guessing the either on board HP RAID controller-- Or Software Raid controller it came with is of lower end performance and may not provide the full performance that my new SSD drives are capable of
OR am I wrong an the existing RAID controller the HP came with for my current RAID-0 SATA-7200 RPM drives is fine and will provide the exact same performance???

Thanks
Wes~

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

sminlal is right, you should give him a "best answer" award. The only reason you hear about people seeking "hardware RAID" cards is to get the onboard processor that creates parity bits and uses them to restore an array following drive failure, things RAID 0 doesn't even do.