I OC my c2d is the temperature too much

Hey,I oc my c2d 2.53 to 3.1 and in real temp it shows maximum tenmperature
is 72 c with 100% cpu load.
..Is it too high?.

And if it passes prime 95 and occt is it stable.Or should i use some oter softwares.and by the way i have no extra fans except which came with the processor.
7 answers Last reply
More about temperature much
  1. you can always try to low your vcore from the bios and that may help lower your temps,and you can start thinking on an aftermarket cooler.
  2. it would help if you gave more information. CPU, motherboard...abient temperature. Basically, yes, that's too high. you need an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock. Also...intelstresstest is a good program to test. But it will heat up more than prime95.
  3. How about 68 c maximum in realtemp is it too hot.And OCCY shows around 74 c which one is true
  4. Try not to post the same thing in the forums 4 times, just 1 post is sufficient enough hijaz :)
  5. That is definitely too hot. Like others have said use a good third party cooling solution with some Arctic Silver paste or another good thermal paste.
  6. I have an E8200 core 2 duo oc from 2.6 to 3.8 i only have a che OCZ vendetta cooler cost 30 bux my temps at 100% load never hit more then 57c your temps are way too high.
  7. Intel's recommended max temp is 74 C. Try to keep your load temps under 70 C.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Temperature Overclocking