Change Registered Owner

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the resistered
owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or a program that will do
it?

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about change registered owner
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    In news:DGlXe.340719$_o.310465@attbi_s71,
    Johnny Lingo <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> typed:

    > I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the
    > resistered owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or
    > program that will do it?

    You can change it in the registry (using Regedit) at
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOwner

    Please reply to the newsgroup
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Johnny Lingo wrote:
    > I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the resistered
    > owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or a program that will do
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    However, to fix the "Registered to" information for WinNT/2K/XP,
    you can use Start > Run > Regedit.exe to edit:

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\RegisteredOwner

    and:

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
    Version\RegisteredOrganization

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Hi Johnny,

    Or, if you prefer not to go into the registry, Kelly has a tweak at
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm line 7, right-hand side.

    Alan

    "Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the resistered
    >owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or a program that will do
    >it?
    >
    > Thanks!

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    And here is a freeware app that can also do it.
    http://crazyone.tekmasters.com/crazyone.html

    "Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the resistered
    >owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or a program that will do
    >it?
    >
    > Thanks!

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    And last but not least, www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Change Owner and Organization

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:DGlXe.340719$_o.310465@attbi_s71...
    >I cannot remember where the vb script is that will change the resistered
    > owner on an XP box. Can someone point me to it? Or a program that will do
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks!

VBScript Microsoft Windows XP