[P6T Deluxe]Adding voltage for RAM, help a noob out!

g3n3rationX

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hi, I've never done this before so I'd appreciate if someone would walk me through this process. I just finish building my i7 920 system and would like to fix my ram volts so all of the ram would be working. Right now I have installed 6GB of OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 Reaper Low-Voltage Triple Channel memory (http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_16000_reaper_low_voltage_triple_channel). But in my system properties it detects only 2.99gb of ram. So please help a noob out and walk me through step by step how to do this in bios [:mousemonkey:1] My motherboard is ASUS P6T DELUXE.
Thanks in advance :)
cpuzmemory.png
cpuzspd.png
ramb.png

Switch to a 64-bit OS and your problem will be solved. Windows XP can't address more than 3 GB of memory and increasing memory voltage until the modules catch on fire won't help. Install Vista 64 and you'll be able to use all 6 GB of memory.

g3n3rationX

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
grrr I had so much problems setting up raid... can I just upgrade my os to 64bit xp without loosing all the data and raid settings?

halcyon

Splendid
:(

If you go Vista 64 SP1, you'll very likely be pleased. Nice OS that performs well, IME. You don't need to destroy your RAID, just install a different OS on it. :)

g3n3rationX

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I see... so the only solution is to switch OS and loose all the data :) Ok, I guess its time to start backing up... Thanks for the info guys ;)

halcyon

Splendid
That does suck. Believe it or not, I've never had one of my drives go bad on me (knock on me)...and I've had a plethora of drives. Maybe all that hard drive cooling that I worry about really does help.