if any of you play this game and wish to buy simoleans, do not buy from this
site, i am still waiting nearly 2 months later. they ignore my mail and
paypal are not very helpful either
please heed my warning and pass on to others
http://thesimsonline.us/

Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> if any of you play this game and wish to buy simoleans, do not buy
> from this site, i am still waiting nearly 2 months later. they ignore
> my mail and paypal are not very helpful either
> please heed my warning and pass on to others
> http://thesimsonline.us/

As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power player is
cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

After playing the game for over a year (way long time ago now) I agree
with Mike. It was so unfair when you would spend months struggling to get
your house a certain way, and have enough money to change this or
that....blah, blah, blah. you know the dynamics of the game. But then to
come across a brand new player who bought their way above you? Not cool.

Sorry you got scammed, but come on! What do you expect when you PAY for
simoleons???

Dianna

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:55:45 GMT, Ohmikeghod <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net>
wrote:

> Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>> if any of you play this game and wish to buy simoleans, do not buy
>> from this site, i am still waiting nearly 2 months later. they ignore
>> my mail and paypal are not very helpful either
>> please heed my warning and pass on to others
>> http://thesimsonline.us/
>
> As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power player is
> cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.

noname

"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>> if any of you play this game and wish to buy simoleans, do not buy
>> from this site, i am still waiting nearly 2 months later. they ignore
>> my mail and paypal are not very helpful either
>> please heed my warning and pass on to others
>> http://thesimsonline.us/
>
> As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power player is
> cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.

Having been a part of several communities where buying game currency was not
only an ok thing to do but encouraged, I find your comment to be way too
harsh. What's the difference in buying simoleans or working on skills in
groups to speed your progress. Or even in using cheats in your offline
game? There's obviously a market for it as not everyone chooses to play the
game the same way.

Saying they got exactly what they deserved, the loss of their *real* money,
is a really sorry thing to say. IMO.

noname

nicole

I agree. Almost everyone bought money. They made TSO so difficult, the
only way to really enjoy the game without spending so much time
skilling, etc...is to cheat.

Thankfully Sims2 came out and I was able to let TSO go lol

--
Nicole
yahooIM: girlsmeg

noname

"Nicole" <smeggy387-nicky@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I agree. Almost everyone bought money. They made TSO so difficult, the only
>way to really enjoy the game without spending so much time skilling,
>etc...is to cheat.

Personally, I'd rather spend the time skilling versus buying the simoleans.
If I had more than one avatar, I'd probably only do that for one though,
lol, and buy/cheat it for the others. What ruined There for me was my skills
getting, and staying, stuck. When those of us with stuck skills would
complain, not only about our skills not budging but of newbies coming in and
soaring past us, skill wise, when we'd been in game for *MONTHS*, they would
either tell us that our skills weren't stuck or that we didn't understand
how skills worked. So I left. :p

> Thankfully Sims2 came out and I was able to let TSO go lol

I was in on some of the beta test for TSO but, after the initial "ooohhh,
ahhhh" period, there wasn't much that attracted me to stay. Much prefer my
offline game when it comes to sims. :)

noname

> noname wrote:
>> "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
>>>(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:

>>>As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power player is
>>>cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.
>>

>> Having been a part of several communities where buying game currency was
>> not only an ok thing to do but encouraged, I find your comment to be way
>> too harsh. What's the difference in buying simoleans or working on skills
>> in groups to speed your progress. Or even in using cheats in your
>> offline game? There's obviously a market for it as not everyone chooses
>> to play the game the same way.
>>
>> Saying they got exactly what they deserved, the loss of their *real*
>> money, is a really sorry thing to say. IMO.

noname waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
tried again and came up with:
> "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
>> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>>> if any of you play this game and wish to buy simoleans, do not buy
>>> from this site, i am still waiting nearly 2 months later. they
>>> ignore my mail and paypal are not very helpful either
>>> please heed my warning and pass on to others
>>> http://thesimsonline.us/
>>
>> As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power
>> player is cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.
>
> Having been a part of several communities where buying game currency
> was not only an ok thing to do but encouraged, I find your comment
> to be way too harsh. What's the difference in buying simoleans or
> working on skills in groups to speed your progress. Or even in using
> cheats in your offline game? There's obviously a market for it as not
> everyone chooses to play the game the same way.

Encouraged by who? Probably the people who use cheats to make those
simoleons and make you spend real cash for them. Those are the real
scammers in TSO.

> Saying they got exactly what they deserved, the loss of their *real*
> money, is a really sorry thing to say. IMO.

It may be a sorry thing to say, but it's a true statement. Those who
attempt to cheat their way into power gaming should be discouraged in
MMORPGs. What's needed is a LEVEL playing field, where no one can gain an
unfair advantage just because they have a good supply of real cash.

--

> noname waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
> tried again and came up with:
>> "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Mickeydoo waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
>>> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>>>
>>> As far as I'm concerned, BUYING your way into becoming a power
>>> player is cheating anyhow. Sorry, you got exactly what you deserved.
>>
>> Having been a part of several communities where buying game currency
>> was not only an ok thing to do but encouraged, I find your comment
>> to be way too harsh. What's the difference in buying simoleans or
>> working on skills in groups to speed your progress. Or even in using
>> cheats in your offline game? There's obviously a market for it as not
>> everyone chooses to play the game the same way.
>
> Encouraged by who? Probably the people who use cheats to make those
> simoleons and make you spend real cash for them. Those are the real
> scammers in TSO.

If EA really had a problem with people selling/buying simoleans, they would
have tried to stop it. No one *makes* someone else spend real cash for
virtual money. You can call them scammers, and maybe they are...but they've
also found a way to have an ingame income which is what many virtual
communities push for. (the push being for an ecomonic system where citizens
can have some source of incoming virtual dosh)

>> Saying they got exactly what they deserved, the loss of their *real*
>> money, is a really sorry thing to say. IMO.
>
> It may be a sorry thing to say, but it's a true statement. Those who
> attempt to cheat their way into power gaming should be discouraged in
> MMORPGs. What's needed is a LEVEL playing field, where no one can gain an
> unfair advantage just because they have a good supply of real cash.

Although I prefer to skill/level honestly, and derive an immense sense of
achievement from doing so, I wouldn't want to see a
world/community/metaverse where everyone played the exact same way, doing
the exact same things,..... It's our collective differences, both in real
and virtual life, that make things interesting. It doesn't necessarily
always make it right, but it certainly doesn't always make it wrong.

MMORPGs are games, and should be played as the player sees fit...not just
how you deem it so. It's the freedom of choice that makes them so popular.
No need to be so bitter about it.

noname