lost sound

I loaded Win xp sp2 yesterday and today I have no sound. All the drivers
seem to be loaded. I see that "Multimedia" does not appear in the control
panel. Also I can't place the volume control in the task bar.

TIA
Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about lost sound

    JHI,
    Check the CD's that came with your PC, you may need to install the drivers for the sound card. If you have added or changed the sound card, check the box for the card came in, for drivers on a CD provided with product. If you have lost or do not have driver CD, go to the PC or card manufacturer's website, and see if you can download them, following driver installation instructions.

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "JHI" <jeffreyi@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:bJlXe.5496$pn2.3691@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
    I loaded Win xp sp2 yesterday and today I have no sound. All the drivers
    seem to be loaded. I see that "Multimedia" does not appear in the control
    panel. Also I can't place the volume control in the task bar.

    TIA
    Jeff

Microsoft Windows XP