AMD Athlon II X4 630 + ASUS M4A785T-M = Please help!

Hi.

I am really desperate as I'm unable to find a satisfying overclock configuration for my PC set-up and I would be really greatful if you could help me out!

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
MB: ASUS M4A785T-M (90-MIBAP0-G0EAY00Z)
RAM: 2x Zeppelin Gold 1GB DDR3 1600 (9-9-9-24) (1.5V)

Everything works fine at stock settings. No problems there.
The system WON'T BOOT with these settings:

CPU/HT Reference Clock (MHz): [220]

Processor Frequency Multiplier: [x14.0]
CPU/NB Frequency: [8.00x]
CPU Over Voltage: [1.45]
VDDNB Over Voltage: [1.20]

HT Link Frequency: [1600 MHz]
HT Link Over Voltage: [1.25000]

Memory Clock Mode: [Manual]
Memclock Value: [400 MHz]
DRAM Timing Mode: 9-9-9-24
Memory Over Voltage: [1.7]

Additional info:
AMD Cool'n'Quiet turned OFF.
PCIE locked at 100 MHz.

I simply don't see why this wouldn't work!

Thanks in advance, I hope we'll find a solution.
10 answers Last reply
More about athlon asus m4a785t help
  1. follow the stickys...
    just increase it slowly, by 100 Mhz at a time...
    once you max out your stable OC, then try setting the memory divider down, or increase the vcore by a little bit.
  2. I started that way but couldn't get past 215 MHz, it is stable only at 210 MHz (2.94 GHz in effect). Don't tell me that's as high as it goes.
  3. Since these chips have come out, there has been a regular flow of people that have been finding really low OC ceilings on these chips. If I were you, I would take the time to find these threads and check to see if there are any common parts (MB manufacturer/chipsets, memory etc).

My gut feeling is that the 785g chipset is the limiting factor, as 785g + Athlon II seems a VERY common setup, and if my memory is accurate at all, a seemingly common factor amongst those running into low FSB limits.

Try updating your Mobo bios, if it isn't already running the newest version. On my old 710 I was limited to a 225FSB for stability until I updated from the basic bios it was shipped with.
  4. Thank you!

I will try updating my BIOS.
  5. I've updated my BIOS to the latest version and am still getting pretty much the same results. I've been really gentle this time. Upping the CPU/HT Reference Clock by 1 MHz at a time. It works great at 210 (x14 = 2940 MHz), at 215 it - hangs at POST and is stuck until I restart it.

I don't know what else to do :(
  6. Lower your memory multiplier? You may be breaking your memory's stability limit.
  7. I can't go any lower than 400 MHz (800 in effect). The nominal value of my ram is 800 MHz (1600 in effect).
  8. I had the same problem with my last locked multi chip, I couldn't get it to boot in 3.33x no matter what I did, thus preventing me from OCing the chip past 273ish FSB.
  9. See if there's a cpu spread spectrum setting in the bios?
  10. I've got a similar setup:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
    MB: ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
    RAM: 2x 2GB Adata DDR3 1600

The memclock value was 400 out of the box and I got memory errors with that setting (no OC). I set the memclock to 667 (1333) and it works great. Try using a higher memclock value, it might be set too low.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Asus CPUs Overclocking