I7 920 overclock help

Solution
"Note that category sub scores are not directly comparable and you cannot directly calculate the Passmark Rating using these percentages and the sub-category ratings."
quoted from passmark help section.

It seems the way the base score (and subcategories) is formulated relates to the individual system itself and it is scaled based on other components in the system. So your high cpu score is proportionately tied to the other hardware you have. When you compare your cpu score to another i7 920 system it is not apples to apples.

Describing one system as normal and another as abnormal wouldn't fit in this case. I think the only way you could compare your cpu to another of the same model is if all other system components were alike...

anime

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I think I put the wrong message. It should have been "Why do I have such a massive benchmark score for a 4.2 ghz 920 overclock?"

4trees

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
"Note that category sub scores are not directly comparable and you cannot directly calculate the Passmark Rating using these percentages and the sub-category ratings."
quoted from passmark help section.

It seems the way the base score (and subcategories) is formulated relates to the individual system itself and it is scaled based on other components in the system. So your high cpu score is proportionately tied to the other hardware you have. When you compare your cpu score to another i7 920 system it is not apples to apples.

Describing one system as normal and another as abnormal wouldn't fit in this case. I think the only way you could compare your cpu to another of the same model is if all other system components were alike. Kind of disappointing know that I know that. Hope this helps.

btw I was just over 8000 on my cpu for curiosity sake. Nice score.

Solution

anime

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010

I am not even going to try to make sense of what you wrote. I ran the "Cinebench test r10" calculated the picture in 35 seconds? Is that good?