Custom Decals? Shops online that let you?

jaku78

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hello,

I've been wanting to customize my desktop a little bit by adding some custom image decals.

Now designing and getting images isn't the problem. The problem is I've been looking around for a store that can just print them as decals for me because I don't have a color printer available to DIY it, which should just be cheaper to get a company to print them for me rather than going out of my way to get a printer (right?). And do you think they can make the backgrounds of the stickers transparent (if the images are transparent to begin with)?

Thanks in advance!

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Your better off making your own. Transparent backgrounds will produce transparent images so you have to use a light colored surface to mount them on.

I use my color laser printer with laser decal paper. The results are astonishing. They are super thin and almost look painted on.

It would be no problem to make you some for a little $$

Hers one i made in a couple minutes for my nephew.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Got mine on Ebay. They got white and clear, I got the white.

I got some sweet projects comming this spring, to cold to paint outside, and thats where I do it.

These decals need a good clearcoat to keep them from getting damaged.

It also helps to put some clear on them before application because they are so delicate, the tear real easy, and the clear helps them not to tear as easy, but you need to be very careful.

If you make a mistake they come off easy, and you can try until you get it right. After you got it like you ant it clear coat it.

I want to make some game theme PCs with this method this spring, and sell em on ebay.

Sticker paper works real well also but its got a edge that decals dont have. With sticker paper i make the design bigger then i need and i use sandable primer to feather the edge and cover up my design and blend the edges in with the base coat.

I Bought a Asus eee pc 900HA today and as soon as it arrives I am gonna strip it down, and mod a touch screen in it, and I figure while I got it stripeed I might as well lay some paint to it.

I have a rub on decal foil kit that is cool but requires alot of skill aswell.

I made this xbox case the same way.

My i7 rig is gonna get black paint with the punisher skull and name on it.
Skull painted on mobo side, and cut out with whitle plexi glass on other side with some lights on the interior to light up the cut out.