The weirdness continues...

As an experiment, last night, I set up a household where the only
object was a swimming pool... within this pool, there is an "island"
in the center. There's a diving board at the outer edge, leading in,
and a ladder to the "island" only. As expected, the Sim dived in,
and swam until tired, and exited to the "island", where he stood
for a sim-fovever, complaining about all he wanted and didn't have.

The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
and SWAM over to the ladder!

....I could kick myself for not getting a screen-shot. :(

My next experiment involves this... if I were to remove the ladder,
after the Sim gets to the "island", will the grim reaper still try to
swim over, and die, causing YET ANOTHER grim reaper to
come out for the previous one, PLUS one for the Sim?

I can't wait... gotta try it NOW. :)

--
Christopher "CajunCoiler" Mayeux, MsEE
Owner, MSB Data Systems

Neal

CajunCoiler (http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com)
<cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote:

> As an experiment, last night, I set up a household where the only
> object was a swimming pool... within this pool, there is an "island"
> in the center. There's a diving board at the outer edge, leading in,
> and a ladder to the "island" only. As expected, the Sim dived in,
> and swam until tired, and exited to the "island", where he stood
> for a sim-fovever, complaining about all he wanted and didn't have.
>
> The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
> I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
> float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
> amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
> and SWAM over to the ladder!

Just tried this in Sims1 - hilarious!

Also, this was interesting. While the husband slept, the wife and her
girlfriend played in the lovebed in the same room. Then they hugged,
and while he slept, the husband did the wah-wah-waahh.

So, a hug will make the spouse jealous, but not playing in bed...

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:01:59 -0500, Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote:

>CajunCoiler (http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com)
><cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote:
>
>> As an experiment, last night, I set up a household where the only
>> object was a swimming pool... within this pool, there is an "island"
>> in the center. There's a diving board at the outer edge, leading in,
>> and a ladder to the "island" only. As expected, the Sim dived in,
>> and swam until tired, and exited to the "island", where he stood
>> for a sim-fovever, complaining about all he wanted and didn't have.
>>
>> The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
>> I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
>> float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
>> amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
>> and SWAM over to the ladder!
>
>Just tried this in Sims1 - hilarious!
>
>Also, this was interesting. While the husband slept, the wife and her
>girlfriend played in the lovebed in the same room. Then they hugged,
>and while he slept, the husband did the wah-wah-waahh.
>
>So, a hug will make the spouse jealous, but not playing in bed...

Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. That question was
exactly why I started conducting Sim orgies. I never isolated the
conditions that lead to jealousy.

Many of the orgies are described at:

http://www.radix.net/~moxie/Orgies/orgy1.htm

Most of those are a few years old by now. There are one or two from
this past summer that I never wrote up. Maybe someday in me (coff
coff) copious free time. Some of the challenge went out of it when
the hacked love beds, rugs, etc. started being made available.

I haven't got far enough with Sims 2 to even think of trying anything
like that.

BW

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote
> http://www.radix.net/~moxie/Orgies/orgy1.htm
>
> Most of those are a few years old by now. There are one or two from
> this past summer that I never wrote up. Maybe someday in me (coff
> coff) copious free time. Some of the challenge went out of it when
> the hacked love beds, rugs, etc. started being made available.
> BW

Can you point me in the direction of where to find the sheepskin love rug
please? That looks great fun

<cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote in message
> As an experiment, last night.......

I like the way this post starts.... 8))

> The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
> I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
> float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
> amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
> and SWAM over to the ladder!
>
> ...I could kick myself for not getting a screen-shot. :(

Death, sorry, DEATH does enjoy himself in this game. Probably old hat for
some but I have just had him help himself to a drink after wiping out an
enemy of Don Bartillo - who, naturally, walked past and said 'Hi, Dude!' or
something very like.

This was all because Bart wanted to see the bloke's ghost... The things we
do to keep them happy.

> My next experiment involves this... if I were to remove the ladder,
> after the Sim gets to the "island", will the grim reaper still try to
> swim over, and die, causing YET ANOTHER grim reaper to
> come out for the previous one, PLUS one for the Sim?
>
> I can't wait... gotta try it NOW. :)

Oh, you must! You must! A sort of chain reaction of Death coming for Death
until the pool is crammed with flailing scythes? Please keep us informed -
me, anyway.

It seems I now have two Sims speciallising in the removal business. My
Mephistopheles Jones, however, does it kindly and weeps.
Bart did not. He blew raspberries and kicked the grave.
Something for everyone in this darn game.

Granny.

So much for THAT experiment.... I removed the ladder, and when
the grim reaper swam over, he just de-materialized, and then he
re-materialized on the "island". It was worth checking into, though.

At least I can still get a good laugh by placing the faces of my
enemies on a various Sims, and then torturing them, by placing
them in a room with nothing but a toilet, and a fridge. :D

I now have to wonder if there's a program out there that's better
at this than Sims Creator... SC is nice, but it will occasionally
paint the face I just plastered onto a head, when I paint the back.
....I'd write such a program, myself, but I don't have the patience
to do animation, like I once had.

....Games were SO much easier to write, back when adventure
games were 100% text-based.
--
http://www.msbdatasystems.com

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "CajunCoiler (http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com)"
> <cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote in message
> > As an experiment, last night.......
>
> I like the way this post starts.... 8))
>
> > The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
> > I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
> > float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
> > amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
> > and SWAM over to the ladder!
> >
> > ...I could kick myself for not getting a screen-shot. :(
>
> Death, sorry, DEATH does enjoy himself in this game. Probably old hat for
> some but I have just had him help himself to a drink after wiping out an
> enemy of Don Bartillo - who, naturally, walked past and said 'Hi, Dude!'
or
> something very like.
>
> This was all because Bart wanted to see the bloke's ghost... The things we
> do to keep them happy.
> >
> > My next experiment involves this... if I were to remove the ladder,
> > after the Sim gets to the "island", will the grim reaper still try to
> > swim over, and die, causing YET ANOTHER grim reaper to
> > come out for the previous one, PLUS one for the Sim?
> >
> > I can't wait... gotta try it NOW. :)
> >
> Oh, you must! You must! A sort of chain reaction of Death coming for Death
> until the pool is crammed with flailing scythes? Please keep us informed -
> me, anyway.
>
> It seems I now have two Sims speciallising in the removal business. My
> Mephistopheles Jones, however, does it kindly and weeps.
> Bart did not. He blew raspberries and kicked the grave.
> Something for everyone in this darn game.
>
> Granny.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:46:52 -0600, "CajunCoiler
\(http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com\)"
<cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote:

>So much for THAT experiment.... I removed the ladder, and when
>the grim reaper swam over, he just de-materialized, and then he
>re-materialized on the "island". It was worth checking into, though.
>
>At least I can still get a good laugh by placing the faces of my
>enemies on a various Sims, and then torturing them, by placing
>them in a room with nothing but a toilet, and a fridge. :D
>
>I now have to wonder if there's a program out there that's better
>at this than Sims Creator... SC is nice, but it will occasionally
>paint the face I just plastered onto a head, when I paint the back.
>...I'd write such a program, myself, but I don't have the patience
>to do animation, like I once had.

I have used Face Factory to make Sims 1 faces from photographs of real
people. You have to have a good straight front view and a side view,
and it can take some tweaking with a graphics program to get it
looking good. I don't have the patience, but my ex-boyfriend made
pretty good heads of himself and my mother that I use in the game.

You can probably find Face Factory for cheap somewhere on the Web.
Try half.com.

BW

> So much for THAT experiment.... I removed the ladder, and when
> the grim reaper swam over, he just de-materialized, and then he
> re-materialized on the "island". It was worth checking into, though.

Oh, that is a shame....

> At least I can still get a good laugh by placing the faces of my
> enemies on a various Sims, and then torturing them, by placing
> them in a room with nothing but a toilet, and a fridge. :D
>
> I now have to wonder if there's a program out there that's better
> at this than Sims Creator... SC is nice, but it will occasionally
> paint the face I just plastered onto a head, when I paint the back.

???? This is Sim2? Is there a prog to add your own bitmaps to a head
mesh????

> ...I'd write such a program, myself, but I don't have the patience
> to do animation, like I once had.
>
> ...Games were SO much easier to write, back when adventure
> games were 100% text-based.
> --

And so much easier to get into the code and find out what the hell you had
to do with the bottle of green slime.

GCA

Actually, Granny, it's Sims 1, in the context of Deluxe Edition.
This edition comes packaged with Sims Creator... a quick and
cheap (in my opinion) utility that will cram a face from another
image file into a head mesh, and also modify clothing, re-paint
anything you can see, etc.

But alas... it has that one bug that winds up painting over the
face you just meshed in as you paint the hair in the back. :(
....doesn't always happen, but it might as well.

> ???? This is Sim2? Is there a prog to add your own bitmaps to a head
> mesh????

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "CajunCoiler (http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com)"

>> As an experiment, last night.......
>
> I like the way this post starts.... 8))
>
>> The weird part came, when all graphs went red, and the Sim died.
>> I knew the grim reaper would come for him, but I thought sure he'd
>> float across the water to the "island"... BUT NO! To my major
>> amazement, the grim reaper TOOK A DIVE from the diving board,
>> and SWAM over to the ladder!
>>
>> ...I could kick myself for not getting a screen-shot. :(
>
> Death, sorry, DEATH does enjoy himself in this game. Probably old hat for
> some but I have just had him help himself to a drink after wiping out an
> enemy of Don Bartillo - who, naturally, walked past and said 'Hi, Dude!'
> or something very like.

Heck! Just now a pregnant Sim took a nap, woke up and died. The
throat-clutching bit. Husband pleaded and won, then Death drifted off and
sat on the loo.
I suppose he has a random 'interface with objects' option.
I want to see him take a shower. 8))

After the pleading, I had the wife leap into husband's arms - well you
would, wouldn't you? - and there he was, hugging empty air. Argh! Madam had
disappeared.
Heart in my mouth I saved and reloaded the house and Wifey was back standing
by the mail box. Is this usual?

Granny.

You don't need the side view - though the head turns out slightly better if
you do have it.

Best wishes
Maxon

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:24:42 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:46:52 -0600, "CajunCoiler
>> \(http://tesla.msbdatasystems.com\)"
>> <cajuncoiler@totallyspamless.msbdatasystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> >So much for THAT experiment.... I removed the ladder, and when
>> >the grim reaper swam over, he just de-materialized, and then he
>> >re-materialized on the "island". It was worth checking into, though.
>> >
>> >At least I can still get a good laugh by placing the faces of my
>> >enemies on a various Sims, and then torturing them, by placing
>> >them in a room with nothing but a toilet, and a fridge. :D
>> >
>> >I now have to wonder if there's a program out there that's better
>> >at this than Sims Creator... SC is nice, but it will occasionally
>> >paint the face I just plastered onto a head, when I paint the back.
>> >...I'd write such a program, myself, but I don't have the patience
>> >to do animation, like I once had.
>>
>> I have used Face Factory to make Sims 1 faces from photographs of real
>> people. You have to have a good straight front view and a side view,
>> and it can take some tweaking with a graphics program to get it
>> looking good. I don't have the patience, but my ex-boyfriend made
>> pretty good heads of himself and my mother that I use in the game.
>>
>> You can probably find Face Factory for cheap somewhere on the Web.
>> Try half.com.
>
>You don't need the side view - though the head turns out slightly better if
>you do have it.

We did a version of my mom without the side view, and it looked like
she was wearing a gray scarf. So we went on the Web and found a side
view picture of a woman with a hairstyle like hers, and that worked
much better.

BW