New pc build problem

falcodakrzz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Hi
Im having trouble with a new build of mine, something ive never encountered before. Fitted everything up, switch the button, fans spin, yet theres no picture on my monitor. The monitor works fine though, so I decided to test my vid card in another pc see how that works, and it works fine. I havent got a mobo speaker, so I bought a third party one but its useless soo...Tried booting outside of case with just: Vid card, CPU, psu, Ram, same thing...
Please help me solve this! First one who does gets $10 over paypal!
Q6600
650i EVGA ultra
CZ 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 Dual Channel Platinum Revision 2 XTC Series
Hiper 580 Watt PSU
8800GT Ocuk edition

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
This is where beep codes come in handy.
Describe in exacting detail what happens from the time you short the motherboard power switch header contacts, either by utilizing the front panel power switch or making momentary contact with the header.

falcodakrzz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Right, Ive got the 4pin cable plugged in, and disconnected all uneccassary devices like you said. Basically I short the motherboard switch using one i bought, plugs directly into the board, lights come on, fans spin, and all carries on indefinately. The speaker which I bought, doesnt seem to make any beeps at all. im also sure the speaker is in the right slot on the mobo. It isnt the psu either, as I tested that on another pc.
Thanks

xnem3s1sx

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
First, check ALL components in anther computer, the ram, the cpu, the PSU, it they all work, you may have a bad motherboard.