Sign in with
Your question

Two 22" Flatscreens into one?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2008 10:46:36 PM

Any way you can take the shells off two of the side monitors and go screen to screen so the middle of my screen inst a big dead zone in games that use both monitors? and I have a 2.33 core 2 duo dg31pr mobo and a 8600gts graphics card. Im going to ask for a new graphics card for xmas from my parents whats a good card for value and not going to break the bank?

More about : flatscreens

December 3, 2008 11:00:52 PM

I don't think so.
December 3, 2008 11:02:20 PM

Oh, also, for the GPU, "breaking the banik" is different for every family.

Probably an ATI RADEON HD 4850 is good. Also, get a good heatsink for your processor and overclock that baby.
Related resources
December 4, 2008 1:47:42 AM

well for xmas i want to get the logitech Z-5500 sound system and it supports optical audio so i want to get a sound card that also outputs optical. Im 15 but im not dumb i built my pc at age 14 so im not saying im supersmart but i know most of the lingo allthough i was never taught how to overclock it is something i would like to do to my pc. im running xp pro SP3 with 2 DDR 2333 MHX 1GB X 2. and if im correct the DDR 2 number doubles itself so that means my ram speed is 667 correct? Im not so sure that is so good for overclocking. So should i also look into getting ddr2 1066mhz 2 gb for xmas to make the overclocking work better? Neweggs got a good pair of DDR2 1066MHZ kingston ram for like 30 bucks i think. I would rather upgrade to 4gb of ram but i was told its pointless with xp pro unless its the 64 bit ver but thats ok and i dont want to upgrade to vista. But about the overclocking according to speed fan core 0 and core 1 are running at 28 C and this thing has been on sence um oh prolly at least 36 hours long. Ive also got some money saved up and im thinking about getting a water cooling system so overclocking is something i can do. Mobo has a stock heatsink 2 so anyways if you could help me out with any of the following

How to overclock it and what not im new to that.
If i should upgrade the ram to 1066 if im goig to overclock or about the 4gb
sound card and yeah thanks man lol
December 4, 2008 3:35:08 AM

in response to your original post, it's very possible. it'll take a lot of handy work and a very steady hand, but it can be done.

You have to be prepared, however, to ruin both of those monitors.

There's no manual for doing it - disassemble them and have at designing a new stand, or a way to join the two chassis you have.
December 4, 2008 5:39:05 AM

This is definately one of those, if you have to ask if there is a way to do it your not prepared to do it kind've situation.
December 4, 2008 4:59:30 PM

assasin32 said:
This is definately one of those, if you have to ask if there is a way to do it your not prepared to do it kind've situation.

If we use that kind of mentality, men would have never walked on the moon.
!