Does this sound like a hard drive issue?

jitterpug

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Hi, Im having a problem with pictures going corrupt, they will get lines on them and some will be half gray or blue..also, i notice that alot of files will not run on my pc unless i download them straight to my pc..When i put a usb stick into my pc that has a file on it, it will pop up error messages, example, it will mostly say that it cannot execute and that the file is corrupt..For some unknown reason something is damaging my archives..Also, if someone gives me a program on a usb stick, the same thing happens, it will say damaged archive, but yet if i put that same program on another pc it is just fine..this has been happening for about 6 months now and i really need some help figuring this out..I have already tried a fresh install of windows 7 and it didn't help at all..Please, if someone has any suggestions that i could try I would greatly appreciate it..Im losing my mind!!

Here is my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
4GB DDR2 Ram
AMD 2.9 Dual Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD3870
Seagate Barracuda 750GB SATA
ECS MCP61PM-AM

sub mesa

Distinguished
Do a memory test. Also, please check for malware/spyware with a decent virus scanner.

The memory test may be done with Memtest86, or just download any Ubuntu cd and burn it, then choose the Memory Test option in the boot menu.

jitterpug

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

TRENDING THREADS